89 Comanche Blowing Oil From Eigther The Pan Or Oil Filter

Doe's anyone know what might cause this other than oil pump? which I think is what it is or maybe  oil filter .at the time the temperature was 210 degrese (f)or  just below it,i popped the hood and noticed oil streaming out ,water didn't seem too hot <(water pump not circulating?? tell me what you think could cause this high pressure from pan area thank you

Need more information. What was your oil pressure at the time? Did you check how tight the filter was/is? When was your last oil change? In what direction was the oil blowing? How large was the stream?

Almost has to be the filter. I don't think you could build enough pressure in the oil pan to blow an oil stream through the pan gasket as pressure would vent through the PCV system.

I blew a lot of oil on the floor when I started my 88 after a RMS, oil pump rebuild and pan gasket job. Forgot to check how tight the filter was and when i revved the engine oil blew out between the filter gasket and the housing.

Take the filter off and inspect the gasket and the face of the housing and look for a split in the gasket or a groove across the housing face. A leak from the filter would probably be in a horizontal plane (spraying toward the frame rail, firewall, block or radiator)

Another possible leak path is the o-ring between the filter housing and the block. Those get old and hard and could crack. A leak from this location would most likely be in a vertical plane (spraying parallel to the side of the block). Usually leakage from this area is more weepage than a spray or stream.

It ain't the oil pump for sure.

Here's how to find oil leaks:

I'd be looking up ABOVE first, and VERIFYING the source of the oil leak YOURSELF.

Everybody, who doesn't own or have to pay for or perform your vehicle repairs, loves to poke their noggin UNDER the Jeep and come out bearing the false bad news that your RMS is leaking. 

Many mechanics, friends, people on Jeep forums who can’t see your Jeep from where they’re at, and good old Uncle Bob seem to enjoy telling you it’s the rear main seal. Has a catastrophic ring to it, doesn’t it? 

A simple leak at the back of the valve cover or other source could produce the same symptoms. You don’t need to be a mechanic to figure this out. If you have good eyesight and a dim flashlight, you’re good to go on your own. Don't jump on the RMS/oil pan gasket bandwagon right off the bat.

Almost any oil leak on your 4.0 is gonna drip from the RMS area for two simple reasons.

First off, the engine sits nose-up and any oil will run back to the RMS area. Secondly, the RMS area is also the lowest point on the engine. Simple physics and the old plumber's adage apply here. "$hit flows downhill".

Valve cover gasket, oil pressure sending unit, oil filter adapter seals and distributor gasket, in that order, have to be eliminated as possibilities first. 

Revised 02-26-2013

And always remember this:

Chipmaker says:

“Way more problems get solved by using your five senses under your hood rather than your ten fingers on a keyboard”

My bet, it is either a 4.0 with a bad rear main or pan gasket, or a 2.5 4cyl with blowby or clogged breathers (PCV system) causing the oil crankcase to pressurize and push out the oil dipstick tube or crank breathers.

Seen both, been a victim of both.

Doe's anyone know what might cause this other than oil pump? which I think is what it is or maybe  oil filter .at the time the temperature was 210 degrese (f)or  just below it,i popped the hood and noticed oil streaming out ,water didn't seem too hot <(water pump not circulating?? tell me what you think could cause this high pressure from pan area thank you

Thanks for your post.

We’re here to help but you must understand that all Jeeps are not the same. 
In order for us to give you more accurate advice and help, we must know the following, along with detailed information as to the symptoms/problems etc:

Year
Model
Engine 
Transmission 
Transfer case

A common source of a flowing oil leak is the 50 cent oil sending unit on the side of the block. Simple fix and a frequent overlook.

I guess since I got so used to having a pressure gauge that I forgot. My '83 Cherokee blew the oil light switch off on the freeway. Luckily I had a case of oil so I got home, but the motor was never the same (Mexican 282)

A common source of a flowing oil leak is the 50 cent oil sending unit on the side of the block. Simple fix and a frequent overlook.

What 50 cent sending unit?

Post #3 gives a comprehensive list of all the things it could be, in order. OP just needs to get to work at diagnosing it. 

No intention of stealing your Thunder, Keemo-Sabbe. I hadn't noticed you mentioned that in your previous post. Just trying to help the guy. Y'all have a great New Year and keep it in gear.

No worries. OP just needs to get to work at it since he's been provided with all the info he could ever ask for. 

problem resolved  doubled up oil filter o ring from previouse filter was still on oil filter housing (overlooked and stuck itself to it) engine must have gotten rubber o rings hot and caused oil to leak through !!  end of story ,    thank you for responding this was close call darn near blew my engine!!