Rare Original Long Bed Comanche Roll Bar- No Brackets Just The Bar-$175.00 Obo, Loganville, Ga

kq.echo.413

axhwerj.jpg

for quickest response please contact via email kq.echo.13@gmail.com

we are parting out a 1986, 2.5 4 cylinder, 4-speed transmission comanche short bed, runs great, full red bucket seat interior (no console) very straight body, feel free to contact with any questions or for pictures, Thanks

Bill of sale says86+I see a short bed=86 short bed

The roll bar has no under bed brackets ..it just the bar

All MJ specific roll bars came with brackets that mounted to the 'horns' that are at front of the bed. These brackets are the most valuable part, but are useless without the roll bar. And, the roll bar is worthless without brackets, as the bed sheet metal is too thin to fasten it securely. 

It is possible to fabricate them, but probably a pita when you already have them with your bar.

Bill of sale says86+I see a short bed=86 short bed

The roll bar has no under bed brackets ..it just the bar

All MJ specific roll bars came with brackets that mounted to the 'horns' that are at front of the bed. These brackets are the most valuable part, but are useless without the roll bar. And, the roll bar is worthless without brackets, as the bed sheet metal is too thin to fasten it securely.

It is possible to fabricate them, but probably a pita when you already have them with your bar.

The bill of sale can say whatever it wants to say...... the vehicle's VIN and body tags will likely tell a different story.  Look for the white emissions label on the firewall just above the brake booster, it'll have the verbiage "conforms to emissions requirements for the model year 19XX" or something to that effect.

But ya gotta respect the knowledge some of us fanatics bring to the table....... there weren't any short bed '86's produced by Jeep.

:agree: Check the VIN and/or emissions label. Also could you measure the distance between the front and rear mountings? Confirm that it is a Long bed and not a short bed bar. Also I am making a firm offer of $100, as is, where is if in fact it is a long bed Roll bar.

:agree: Check the VIN and/or emissions label. Also could you measure the distance between the front and rear mountings? Confirm that it is a Long bed and not a short bed bar. Also I am making a firm offer of $100, as is, where is if in fact it is a long bed Roll bar.

I will measure the roll bar and send you measurements.. And I thank everyone one for the insight.. Really new to this me and the wife thought the Comanche was a interesting truck a month ago..now we have 3 mjs and 1 xj..kinda overwhelmed lol..

Just like eating goobers, er peanuts Can't stop after one.

I will measure the roll bar and send you measurements.. And I thank everyone one for the insight.. Really new to this me and the wife thought the Comanche was a interesting truck a month ago..now we have 3 mjs and 1 xj..kinda overwhelmed lol..

• 1 month later...

That is very helpful and easy also.. Thank you

What is with the double posting to make replies? Just type in the box under the replies. The way you're doing it now is kind of confusing. No offense, just an observation.

will the long bed roll bar fit into a short bed? I just bought one and the roll bar had been cut out. also do you have rear flares and tail lights?

No, not unless you hack it up. Everyone on here will scold you for doing so though, so do so at your own risk. Also, as mentioned above, pretty worthless without the brackets unless you are just going for looks.

Archived