2005 Wk Hemi

Picked this up the other day. Sold one XJ and the other one is on consignment at a buddies. He's got a dealer license and a nice spot to display.

It's a 05 Limited with a 5.7 Hemi and Quadra-Drive 2 4 wheel drive system. It's got full skids underneath. Yes it's got IFS but its still got a solid rear axle. It's also got a 3" OME suspension system with 18" JK wheels/tires.

I have a few plans for this rig.

ARB front bumper with winch

Sliders

Rebuild front diff

And DRIVE it. It's my new DD. It will see wheeling but nothing too extreme.

More pics to come.

I would recommend looking into the Superlift and the AEV EGR module that fixes the computer. They are pricey, but very nice. Also, check out the Bilstien struts. They just came out with a 5100 model that levels out the front very well. You can change the location of the coil bucket by moving a retaining clip. Jeepforum.com has a ton of info on these jeeps. And I think there is a company called Saguaro4xComponents, might have been been bought out by 4xGuard. They make a hidden winch mount that is very cool.

Also, check out Omelets build thread over there. He's done a lot of cool stuff that could give you some inspiration. My build threads called Project Tyro-WK Build. 

I had an 05 WK 4.7 v8 2WD, it was nice.  And I miss it, wish i could have kept it and the Charger.  My WK was the same color as yours.  The auto-stick is fun, that is one of my favorite features.

I did not know that they had an OEM lift option.  

OME.

Old Man Emu

I would recommend looking into the Superlift and the AEV EGR module that fixes the computer. They are pricey, but very nice. Also, check out the Bilstien struts. They just came out with a 5100 model that levels out the front very well. You can change the location of the coil bucket by moving a retaining clip. Jeepforum.com has a ton of info on these jeeps. And I think there is a company called Saguaro4xComponents, might have been been bought out by 4xGuard. They make a hidden winch mount that is very cool.

Also, check out Omelets build thread over there. He's done a lot of cool stuff that could give you some inspiration. My build threads called Project Tyro-WK Build.

I know zip zero nadda about these things. Yes I need some time to research. Feel free to share more info.

Looks like that AEV mod is out of production..

• 3 weeks later...

ARB install last night.

Farely EZ install. About a 6-8 beer job. This bumper spent a few years on this exact jeep but was removed in the past for some reason. So no holes to drill. I bought all new hardware for it. I think it looks good. Not too many dubKs around with a winch bumper.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I had some trouble with this thing early last week. Drove it home from day shift and parked it in the driveway. Was working on my pickup in the garage and needed some parts. Started jeep and let it run for a bit.....nothing out of ordinary....shift into gear...will not move. No gear, any gear. Rev it to 5500rpm to try and get more pressure.. Nothing.

Called around to some mopar mechanics I know and also called my local stealer. They figured that the flat filter came loose. The filter bolts in on only one side and the other end goes into a small seal about the size of a quarter and is just held in with friction. Kinda chessy IMO.

Well I dropped the pan expecting a obvious problem. Well the only thing obvious was that the fluid was ready to be changed! I removed and replaced both filters (flat and spin on). Amazingly that was the issue. Jeep drives just fine. I'm wondering if one of the filters was completely clogged and keeping the trans from making any hydraulic pressure...

Chocked up to jeep experience I guess!!

I had the same isssue with my 04 WJ's 5/45RFE trans.I changed the fluid and filter but I used a cheap autozone flat filter and it would stall (one time, once a day) at the first stop light. It took me weeks to put it together that the filter was the cause. I bought a NAPA gold filter for it and it has been flawless ever since.

I had the same isssue with my 04 WJ's 5/45RFE trans.I changed the fluid and filter but I used a cheap autozone flat filter and it would stall (one time, once a day) at the first stop light. It took me weeks to put it together that the filter was the cause. I bought a NAPA gold filter for it and it has been flawless ever since.

Ever since I changed the filters mine has been stalling. I used MOPAR parts... I was hoping it was not related.. Great.

Wonder if the trans was so full of crap, it filled the new filters already... Less then 100 miles...

• 2 weeks later...

Took jeep ice fishing on Lake of Woods, about as far north you can go in Minnesota, yesterday Dec 19. We did very well and came home with limits. 12-14" inches of ice. About a 2.5 hour drive. Got around 16mpg driving 65-75 most of the trip. (At 4am)

Put on some JK Rubicon wheels with some brand new take off tires. They are that special JK Rubicon Mud Terrain tire. 255/75/17 which is a 32" tall tire. I had to use wheel spacers to fit the wheels.

Still gotta get the bottom panels installed on the ARB bumper. Also have rock rails but I gotta the rails and the bottom panels sandblasted and painted first..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...