2008 LIBBY!?!?!

GirsMJ86

http://www.jeep.com/en/08liberty/index.html

i don't know what to say. big change. and i got use to the looks of the older libbys and was starting to really like em. but i don't know about this. looks like yet another nitro/compass/patriot/commander cross.

all jeeps are starting to look the same and be pretty much the same.

this is getting old and fast. jeep needs to clean up their act and start making jeeps again.

Alex

ooooh that ground clearance is AMAZING!

man jeep's engineers suck. they need to LOOK at consumers and find out what we want. and CONSUMERS DO NOT entail soccer moms and stuck up rich dudes who think they're cool cause they own a....jeep?

sorry to Pete and those of you with a libby. I do think the "older" libby's are cool, but as alex says...this is OLD. it's all the same now...

I had heard they were going to make a nitro jeep type deal but i didnt think it was going to be like this. I have thought the real nitro looked mroe like a jeep then what the are selling for jeeps but i don't know about this thing. I acctually don't hate it but its not top on my list. Oh and on the Jeep Corp note i was watching some news show and they were discussing the Jeep and what has happened to it and the guys were saying the have messed up big and they better rethink there actions or the will loose all the credit with people like us. The best part was the guys were not Car or Jeep guys the were Like stock market and consumer annalyst. Now you know its bad when the egg heads they don't even drive Jeeps know you have screwed up. :roll:

Cole

No one has mentioned the TrailHawk on here! Jeep concept (not unrealistic for production) with solid axles (plural!) and 33s!

That thing is not a Jeep either, stupid MallHawk. That is just another Grand. I think JP mag put it best about that thing,

"Is it us, or are all of Jeep's concepts and production vehicles starting to look the same? Yes, it's buildable thanks to all the in-house production parts, but, ahem, can't we get a Gladiator before another Grand/Compass/Patriot/Commander? Besides, didn't Jeep already build these and call 'em ZJs and WJs?"

Jeep needs to get back in the game and quit building things that they think consumers want. I am sick of seeing all these so-called "jeeps" come out on the lots that are just cars with the jeep grille. I am also sick of how much Jeep is letting Dodge pressure them, like with the Gladiator and now they think to make the Libby cooler it should look more like the failure Dodge Nitro thing.

I mean wasn't the Libby meant to "replace" the Cherokee? that didn't happen and it sort of became the females choice for a Jeep (sorry Pete and others on here with one, I'm just saying. Heck I was planning on buying one down the road). But now do they think that since they have the Compass/Patriot the Libby isn't going to sell unless they make it more "manly"? I am sorry but the Nitro is one of the worst production cars I have ever seen. And now the Libby is right up there with it.

They should have just left it alone because I don't really see many chicks buying it now. I have a feeling that the Libby will not be around much longer after this little move.

I am going to shut up now and go back to bed. L8R.

Alex

its all a crapshoot anyway.

its a hard thing to swallow but jeep may not be around too much longer. We definately won't be seeing a repeat of the 1980's bailout.

this is true if some american auto company gets it, like the rumor that gm is close to getting it. but i think if some company like toyota gets it they will keep it open and listen to the consumers because they see the profit down the road, where as an american company will see the profit they could get now by selling em out and closing them down.

we will all just have to wait and see what happens and hope for the best option.

Alex

but i think if some company like toyota gets it they will keep it open and listen to the consumers because they see the profit down the road, where as an american company will see the profit they could get now by selling em out and closing them down.

I can only wish Toyota would buy the Jeep name. A reliable Jeep!

but i think if some company like toyota gets it they will keep it open and listen to the consumers because they see the profit down the road, where as an american company will see the profit they could get now by selling em out and closing them down.

It would be awesome if Toyota bought Jeep! GM buying Jeep would be worse than what DC has done to the brand in the last few years.

It would be awesome if Toyota bought Jeep! GM buying Jeep would be worse than what DC has done to the brand in the last few years.

haha, yeah cause look at the last time GM was involved in jeep...it resulted in the 2.8 being put into production...

Toyota would be good, but I just don't know if I'm OK with the orientals running my beloved corporation. I say we have Jay Leno buy out Jeep and then we can all get a nice hood emblem shaped like his head from factory...he's got the money :D

i think Toyota is our best hope for right now. it would be REALLY nice if the workers had majority and then they would own jeep. maybe then it could stay American and they would actually listen to the consumers. but Toyota is the best bet since they will keep us plants open (the Willys one in Toledo that DC wanted to shut down) plus they are reliable and they listen to the people.

i know nothing of this Canadian company that has bids on them or this kirk guy who i guess was the biggest Chrysler stock holder when DC bought them.

Lets all hope for the best. it would be a very sad day in history is jeep shut down.

Alex

ehh its ok, but it isn't a jeep. jeep kinda died after the xj disapeared imo. i do really likethe jk, but its still too much money.

on a side note the kj libertys are really growing on me lately espacially after drivng them. (i work at a used car lot) and i found some really sweet front and rear bumpers for them.

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/jeep_liberty.htm

ehh its ok, but it isn't a jeep. jeep kinda died after the xj disapeared imo. i do really likethe jk, but its still too much money.

on a side note the kj libertys are really growing on me lately espacially after drivng them. (i work at a used car lot) and i found some really sweet front and rear bumpers for them.

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/jeep_liberty.htm

they do grow on ya, thats for sure. i didnt like em till about a year ago, and now they change em to these ugly dodge things.

Alex

IIRC Zerk was one of the saviors of the CDX company back when they bought AMC. He brought them back and helped them get back going. If he gets it he might go back to the old days and scrap all the crappy ones in order to save the Name. But i believe toyota would be great. Also Toyota makes more of there stuff in the US then alot of the big 3 do. The big 3 count on cheap parts from Mexico and other countries when Toyota does alot of it in the US. Even though its owned by Oriental country i believe at times its more American then the Big 3 as of now.

Cole