ALARMING VIDEO!!!

CWLONGSHOT

I found this over on the NEJEEPS site. I though it was informative. You know the power of knowing....

Unbelievable or maybe not such a surprise afterall. About three minutes long but worth watching, especially if your a Jiffy Lube customer....you won't be anymore!!!

http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vod.i ... 3.200k.asx

CW

:nuts:

No suprise there.

I know one of the 10-minute oil changes put 80w-90 in the tcase of a guy I know. And it was a NP241... Cooked it within 20 minutes. They denied it, other than on the bill there wasn't any ATF and it said they had changed the tcase fluid. But there was an aweful lot of 80w-90.

A friend took her XJ to one last spring, they had a shift change in the middle of her oil change and it got filled by both the guy that started it and the guy that finished it. She made it 1/2 block :headpop: and it's in court now to see who is going to buy the new engine.

Charles

Well, this is why you always watch them work on your vehicle, and verify they did thier 15 point check, the easiest way is to put a nice dirty dab of grease on a zerk, when it is still their after they do the service raise hell and get a free service.

had a friend, with a yota camry.

Had a wheel bearing replaced

Went bad in a month

Took it back

Went bad in a month

I took a look at it, the bearing was so bad that the new brakes I put on it had been rubbing on the dust shield!

looks like the mechanic had simply been tightening up the stub shaft nut, so he deformed the stub shaft, and almost destroyed the seat for the bearing in the knuckle.

I wouldn't ever go to a Jiffy Lube just because of the way their ads used to pronounce the company name. I mean, really. Would you entrust your cherished vehicle to a shop that pronounces "lube" like LEEYOOOOB?