How About A Member's Local Added To The Site

hello admins and  dev's  I was looking  in the advertised for sale/wanted section and I was wondering if you could make several links to local's sorta create Comanche clubs city's   like I'm in tampa so it would  be  Comanche club of tampa like  craigslist does this  site is big enough  to do that  hence the members widley spread out also its world wide  too I'm assuming, But strictly keeping it Comanche . I'm sure that this  has  already been discussed but I'm still new  here  and  thought id just put it out there!!    thank's  jrwhite3230

The easy way to partially accomplish what you're asking for is to have each member include their location (city & state) as part of their avatar (as shown in Peet's and mine) or at least somewhere near the beginning of their post.

This would cut out a lot of those "where are you located" posts.

hey there guys  yeah I  suppose your  right ,and  I agree with both, it was just a thought , and hey  if I come up with some  more thought's better than that ill pass it on  to ya's  halol  i realy like this  site its well put together and it's fine the way it is  and it works!!       thanks for your reply  jrwhite3230

hey there guys  yeah I  suppose your  right ,and  I agree with both, it was just a thought , and hey  if I come up with some  more thought's better than that ill pass it on  to ya's  halol  i realy like this  site its well put together and it's fine the way it is  and it works!!       thanks for your reply  jrwhite3230

Then why not post your location in your avatar, and what you drive in your signature. If everyone did this we would be golden.

Would it be possible to require, from a drop down menu or an empty field filled in, that location be a part of the subject title? Then possibly add a searchable location option to the site to sort out different areas?

Example Subject Line in the For Sale forum:

t_unread.png [ TX ]   1991 MJ Big Ton 

t_unread.png [ CO ]   Lot of 19 Rust Free MJ's 

t_unread.png [ CND ]  Like New Taillights 

t_unread.png [ MD ]   OME Shocks for 4" lift

I personally do not have an issue with the current configuration. This is just an idea for members, like this fellow from Tampa, who would like to only view relatively local classifieds. 

would that do the job of requiring a location in the titles of the classifieds?

"Require a prefix to be chosen in some forums." Yep, they would be forced to choose a prefix which we would predefine all the state and country abbreviations.

I know people are sometimes a little  sketchy about giving their personal info but it should be suggested...if not required to put a location in the avatar area.  If they write in Denver, Little Rock or Sacramento...I doubt if the boogeyman will track them down

I know people are sometimes a little  sketchy about giving their personal info but it should be suggested...if not required to put a location in the avatar area.  If they write in Denver, Little Rock or Sacramento...I doubt if the boogeyman will track them down

Exactly. I do not live in Huntsville, but it is the closest largest city and where I generally meet people to make exchanges.

• 1 month later...

I like this idea alot. It would be simple and quick for the ones that are just figuring out the website if it was added on with the user name or Avatar. For the ones that don't want to put in there city or state, would it be possible to put "not available" or "not provided". I don't know if that's even an option with the computer program and what not but it's just an idea.