I Need A New Valve Cover For 1990 2.5 Liter

I had my valve cover gasket replaced by the 4x4  shop down the street here and all was good for a while then I started to notice it leaking more and more oil. So I went to pull the cover off and noticed that my suspicions were correct the cover was cracked were it bolts on. No biggie I thought just get a new one. Even being disabled I can definitely handle putting a new one on myself. So I ordered one from Quadratec it was the right valve cover but did not fit on right and was apparently warped on the straight side after contacting their customer service they said no problem we will send out another one and they did just got and tried putting it on but the pre-made gasket beed was not lining up with mounting surface and i was not even going to try to put it on as it would have leaked all over the place. So I'm sending this one back too.I got the new gasket before I found the old cover was cracked thinking it would just need a new gasket...so in my looking for new valve cover I have found that none of the online vendors have one without that pre-made gasket built in.

Which I think is a great concept but there is no way of making sure its going to mate up right. So I am looking for an old school used or new valve cover that is in good shape without that pre-made gasket crap built into it as I have the new gasket and want to install it the right way.

. :MJ 2: .  

If ya don't have any luck finding one locally, let me know. I have a used aluminum 2.5 cover (you'll need bolts for it though) that i'm sure we can work a deal on. I'm selling the truck soon and won't have a use for it. I bought it and never got around to installing it.

well the one i tried to get at quadratec was $39.99 plus shipping and it was the cheapest i could find. $40.00-$50.00 i think would be ideal for me but if not maybe we can work out a deal. I'll meet in the middle of that and offer $45.00 plus shipping cost

I have a 2.5 with an aluminum VC. I don't know what it's off from or the year as I got in the back of a Chevy S10 I picked up.. If any bodies interested maybe I can find some block casting numbers or something to identify it.

I have a 2.5 with an aluminum VC. I don't know what it's off from or the year as I got in the back of a Chevy S10 I picked up.. If any bodies interested maybe I can find some block casting numbers or something to identify it.

Please do. There should be some date codes on the right side of the block, near the distributor IIRC.

12 2.5'S.

2 Aluminum valve covers. One is on 1996 XJ. Engine compartment looks unmolested so pretty sure it's all original

VC # 2, origin unknown. Tag on VC reads 53??135?. Last digit may be a 4. Block casting 53008403 RV

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
1 hour ago, mdgilbreath said:

Looking for a aluminum valve cover for a yj 2.5L 4 cylinder ??

No luck with this , plastic leaking. 
Who can find one now days?

Thank you 

GaTnMason 

Aluminum ones are getting rare. I have a used factory hard plastic Renix era valve cover that maybe saw less than 3000 miles for sale. 

On 7/9/2013 at 12:07 AM, Eagle said:

Just to hijack a bit ... what years had the aluminum valve cover? I've never encountered anything other than plastic ... and I HATE plastic.

I have an 87 MJ, 4.0 that has an aluminum valve cover.  Original as far as I know.  

Big shout out to “Jeep Driver”
over in the
Comanche Forum.

Sent me a link to one he saw on eBay . Bought will be here next week. That and a new gasket should stop the oil leak from the plastic one. It’s ome off a TJ 2.5L 4 cylinder. 7d9a3a9c87a6b1c9ad083c133b4591ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind regards
M. David (GaTnMason)
1990 Soft Top
YJ Wrangler 2.5L 4cyl.
31” tires back space 4” for wider base. 220,00 miles