Legalizing Fat Betty

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So today I had to replace the alternator in my truck, the old one took a dump on my as I was driving through town, thankfully there was a part store about 15-20min walk both ways, but there were a few snags along the way, so I walk to the store to get a new alternator, but then decided that I didn't want to buy one because I was cheap (after having walked all the way to the store) so I walked back to my truck removed the alternator and pull in apart on the side of the road thinking I could fix it, so I opened it up found that there was a loose nut inside, tightened it up and go to go right? WRONG put it back together threw it back in the truck something spanked but I ignored (dumb move). get back in the truck I turn the key it starts a idles fine so I start driving and I hear a bang from under the engine and a cloud of white smoke comes out of my hood,so I pull over pop the hood take a look everything seemed go, and I was a block from the part store, so I said screw it. and drove it over, pull the alternator out again and brought it in for the exchange + cash for a new one, I should of just bought the new one to start with to save myself the trouble, also no pics cause my phone was dead the how day :/

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

man that live update hd me cracking up! I have considered doing those when ive been on a long process of messing with the truck. Keep it up your doing great!

Thanks. Sadly the only thing that this truck is doing right now is decorating the back yard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got around to doing a little work on my Comanche today, nothing too substantial  though. I just pulled the rad belts fan and a few other odds and ends.

also at some point this came undone and I didn't even notice O.o

sorry about the blur

also I taught that only the 2wd MJ's has the rubber stuffing in the drive shaft.

also what is this, and do I need to save this for my 4L swap?

and lastly, a little game of can you spot the difference.

Your inquiry as to what that canister with the hoses coming out of the top... That is the charcoal canister for the EVAP system.

Guess ill keep it, mostly because I don't feel like going through shed to see if i keep the one from the parts chero

Also to bignuke yes. Soon my mj will shine with crome as it ascends into valhalla muhahaha

got a little more done on the jeep today, but I now have two questions, one 

do I need to remove the fenders to get the the bits holding on the the front clip in the areas i've marked

two

My 1990 parts cherokee had to holes in this front plate/crossmember thing that runs behind the bumper, will I need to add these holes or were they just for the hidden winch option 

If you take the headlight bezels off, you'll find two nuts on each side holding down your header panel. One's behind the bottom of the parking light's lens, the other's up near where the chrome trim strip sits.

As to those two holes, don't know. They wouldn't be bad for lights mounted on the bumper.

If you take the headlight bezels off, you'll find two nuts on each side holding down your header panel. One's behind the bottom of the parking light's lens, the other's up near where the chrome trim strip sits.

As to those two holes, don't know. They wouldn't be bad for lights mounted on the bumper.

Cool thanks for the help. Alsto he holes I'm talking about aren't the ones in the pic. What i meant was on the front cross member that runs behind the bumper (pic 2) there were to large holes one was a large slightly bigger then a fist sized hole the othere was more ovoled and about twice as wide. I hope that my description was better this time :)

Yeah, I know what you mean. They're on my '91 and '91. My guess is they just modified the stampings to save on materials. I had the wiring for my bumper lights going through there until I moved them when I put on a brush guard.

so we had a fairly nice day today, sun shining birds chirping and I spent most of it indoors doing this

rear MJ harness

one done

last two

MJ side all done.

now to start on the cherokee harness 

and I did finish it, but I forgot picture :/

Now I just have to find some 10 pin connectors and merge the two half, I might have to try online for the connectors though. as I whent to 4 different places and couldn't find any.