Legalizing Fat Betty

So today I went to go pick up the missing link between my 86 MJ and my 90 XJ

And while I was there I saw this

it's a 91 aw4 2wd, it belonged to one of the clerks working and the electronic store, so we had a little chat about MJs

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished re-plugging my loom today,

one done

both done,

I then cleaned up the wires that weren't used from the xj  like the rear wiper and defrost, No pics of that. I'm done the wiring bit of the swap. it's something so small in size, but I feel so accomplished now that it's done :)

You're making good progress.  Are those Deutsch connectors you used to combine the two together?

yup, and they're hella expensive.

They are, that's why I asked.  Good investment though as they are probably the best connectors you can use.

got busy today putting some of the wiring back in

I had to rework some of the body to get the connect to fit, you can see the clean spot where it wouldn't fit

litte bit of hammer time and it fits.

also does anybody know what that black and white wire does or where it goes to. 

close up of the wire.

also this wire, it's not the abs one or the one to cpu

see you later space cowboy.

• 3 weeks later...

took a small break from doing electrical to fix the gaping hole in my driver side floor. I started with a cardboard template then traced it on to sheet metal. 

not done yet, but this is where it's at

then I got slightly distracted and took  apart the abs unit to see what was inside

the mercury switch

I then called it a night after having a small ecological disaster by braking the mercury switch trying to remove it 

• 2 months later...

slight update while wanting for parts, got a replacement non abs brake booster and master cylinder, and a spare fuel sender. also another tool box

also I started my swap to 4:10's but turns out tj d30's have caster adjustment on them so I ordered new bolt because the originals one's snapped when I was pulling the axle.

I'm still trying to find some cheap 15r 5x5.5 rims to mount my tires on so that it will fit the new rear 9.25

started welding in a new driver side floor. not done yet but so far attempt #3 is looking alright 

also my first world problem of the day was getting my ponytail stuck in the adjustment knob of my welding helmet. :/

• 4 weeks later...

alright, so I finally got some stuff done one the jeep but laziness on fixing my computer and house sitting did imped my posting of it.

first of picked up 5 rims with 31" for 80$

the tires have a little cracking in them, but the tread is almost new and for 80$ I can't complain.

I also got my interior put back in.

[/url]

I haven't bothered with replacing the carpet yet, or headliner.

also found this in an xj with 160xxxkm on the clock

installing the 4:10 dana 30, also turns out 86 high pinion rotors don't fit 98 low pinion hubs.

also in none comanche news finally got myself a decent air compressor alone with a few other new tools.

compressor

hose reel

problem

i hadn't bought enough hard line initially and had to go back for more. 

quick rant, got all the motor mount swapped from 2.8L to 4L but why the hell the the topside bolts 9/16th and the bottom 15mm, why couldn't they both be the same :/ preferably 15mm because canada.  

• 3 weeks later...

so I spent some time working on my MJ today and I finally got my motor back in :D

here are some pictures :))))))))))))

looks like I beat the firewall enough, because its fitting :)

I reused the rubber mount from the donor XJ because they where still in got shape, not dried out or rotting

unfortunately by the time I got everything in it was too dark for pictures, so those will come later.