What's up guys

I have a problem...my fuse panel is off the fire wall for future reference so that if the clutch master cylinder was to ever leak to avoid any electrical problem....but when it rains water enters into that slot where the wires go through and all into my driver side floor I was thinking about putting waterproof silicone there but idk if that's going to last long...

Any input would be great! I am planning to put my vinyl rug in the near future but I want to fix that specific problems before any laying down of the rug

Rather extreme reaction/measure, don't you think? Kinda like cutting off your head cuz you have a headache. The clutch will get spongy feeling when the master starts leaking. How about an interior shield instead?

What's an interior shield? And how do I install it? Sorry about the dumb questions but I don't want it to happen again...it is a drastic measure due to the leaking water coming in but I don't want to rig anything to stop it to leak

I'm pretty certain they make a rubber type gromet which may solve that problem. kinda like the gromet u would use for a pcv valve. this way it wouldnt look ghetto. just a thought!

You're on your own here. Gotta make someting. I'm envivioning a cup-shaped piece of metal or plastic, held on by the clutch master cylinfer studs, fabricated so that it would collect any fluid that leaks out of the master. That cup-shaped deal could have a nipple on the bottom to attach a hose which could be routed through the firewall via a small hole to the exterior of the cab.

That's a good idea but its not leaking from the clutch master cylinder I know it's great for future reference. But my main concern is the water from the rain coming in from the area where the wires from the fuse panel goes through....I've look into a thread from this same forum but basically to used window silicone to seal that area up

This is the link

http://comancheclub.com/topic/14064-where-does-the-water-come-from-updatenow-windshield/

When my clutch master cylinder was leaking I stuffed the area above the fuse panel with paper towels. Ran it that way for 6 months before I finally got around to changing the cylinder. Changed towels about once a week or so.

I'm confused so let's go back to your first post. You say your fuse panel is off the firewall. Do you mean that you have removed it from the stock location and relocated it somewhere else? I'm assuming you've done something like that because you say "water enters into that slot where the wires go through". Do you just have the wires coming from the engine bay to the cab passing through the hole in the firewall where the fuse panel was previously located? if so, you're pretty well limited to sealing around the wires with silicone or other sealant. You'll probably still get some water seepage coming in between the wires, even with a big blob of silicone.

Maybe I'm still not understanding the situation, but if you did move the fuse panel, where is it now?

Fuse panel is just hanging. it was hanging when I got the truck and after reading on this site when I got the truck for Christmas 2 years ago I didn't even bother bolting it back up because of a possible clutch mastet cylinder leak. well it doesn't have the two screws to place it back on the fire wall....i tried looking for a way to disconnect that fuse panel but I don't think it's possible. Maybe there's a way I don't know about.

Your right about the silicone that's why I haven't attempted to apply anything until there's a solution to this...I tried pulling the wires back into the engine bay while my dad pushes the fuse box but not budging.

Any clues? Ill get pics tomorrow to show you guys what I mean

When my clutch master cylinder was leaking I stuffed the area above the fuse panel with paper towels. Ran it that way for 6 months before I finally got around to changing the cylinder. Changed towels about once a week or so.

Maxi Pads woulda lasted about 28 days......

I haven't taken my fuse panel apart yet, but I understand that there is a recessed bolt in the center of the engine bay side of the fuse panel. If you take that bolt out you should be able to work the engine bay side of the connector back through the hole (apparently it came through there to get where it is now).

If no one on the forum can chip in with the size of the bolts that attach the fuse panel (and cab side connector/wiring harness) to the firewall, eyeball the hole size and try the closest size bolt you have for fit. You should be able to estimate the length by measuring the thicknesses the bolt has to pass through. Don't force the threads or you'll strip them. If you don't have any bolts on hand that are close to the size, go to your local Home Depot or Lowes hardware department and pick up a selection of standard (SAE) and metric bolts (could be either) to trial fit. Remember that there are coarse and fine thread pitches in both standard and metric bolts. If they don't have individual bolts in the sizes you need, buy the small plastic packages. Just poke the threaded end of a bolt through the plastic and try it for fit. If it's not the right size, push it back through the hole and you can return it if you don't get the package dirty or rip the hole too large.

When you're ready to re-assemble the fuse panel and connector, use your silicone around the edges to seal it up (don't get any of the silicone in the connectors). Then you can either fab up a catch can as Cruiser described or/and just go ahead and replace the clutch master cylinder.

I may go to the garage and pull mine apart to see if this is right. On second thought, I won't. Too many other projects going on.

Seems to me the two bolts are a fine thread something like 1/4" or less maybe a #10 or #12 fine thread.. Have you looked on the inside under the dash to see if perhaps the bolts were threaded back into the holes they belong in? Might get lucky that whoever removed them, put them back for safe storage.

I've pulled the fuse box apart last summer I did a bunch of rewiring.

The fuse panel screws on to the firewall over the top of a 2 piece wire bulkhead connector. The cab side wire harness connects to a engine bay wire harness. There is a gasket between the two halves, mine is gone sounds like yours is too. I tried making one it didn't work. I just snapped them together pushed the connector tight too the fire wall from the inside and then siliconed the hell out of the perimeter of the connector on the engine side. Those two halves are held together by a small hex head bolt, I can't remember the size but I wanna say it was 8mm or 1/4 or close to that. The fuse part screws on over the bulkhead connector

The 2 bolts are large Phillips head screws course thread mine never came out of the cab side of the harness.

Well guys I checked the fuse panel in the interior side there was one screw with a Phillips head drive and on the engine bay there there is a I think it's 8 mm socket size bolt head I haven't taken it apart since it is my dd and I can't work on anything because I don't have a back up...I will try this weekend to see if I can work my way to taking those pcs apart and hopefully fixing the leaking problem