Well I Did Do It! My Mj Has A Roof Rack Now. Pictures Uploaded

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I already sent the roof rack back because he said he would send me a new one with no rust on it. I'm flipping pissed now. They are not returning my emails. This is the ONLY roof rack that will fit on the cab. I looked for hours. Now WTH am I suppose to do.

Yea but to get it powder coated its going to cost 200. I'm just going to have to sand it down myself and rattle can it. It's just going to be a pain in the @$$ to sand that expanded metal.

• 1 month later...

For the tire carrier I cam up with this while at the Metal yard. 1 1/4" x 7" blot with a "I" nut.

Tack welded it on the top and welded the bolt to a washer on the bottom, then the washer to the plate.

I will admit.... It is a bit goofy lol. But I don't think anyone has done it. ONE OF A KIND :banana:  It is surprisingly very very stout and doeskin look like it is putting to much stress on the roof or roof rails. I will try to get some more pictures up tonight when it is not so bright outside.

So from start to finish..... ez go golf cart roof rack, some jcr roof rack mounts, some square tubing and a big @$$ bolt, lots of beer., and There ya go. MJ ROOF RACK!

What did i miss? Why make a rack to haul stuff, then put the spare tire right in the middle of it? Rendering the rack useless.

Make a carrier for the spare off the tailgate, or standing up in the bed off to one side. Or even float it off the back of the rack.