Comanche Motorhome

Bud777

I'm not sure if anyone has asked, but I persoanlly would like to see what mods were done underneath one of these to make this all work. Including the axles and wheel ends to see how it was all adapted. I too agree you should have a long wheelbase gas tank 23.5 gallon in that thing. The extra gas cans don't hurt though.

Very true, that would definatly be interesting to know

• 5 years later...

Lovely bride and I were thinking about taking the rig down to Baja to watch whales and naturally I started thinking about flats.  That led to looking closer at the jack supplied with the rig.  As far as I can tell it is the stock comanche bottle jack.  It actually isn't a bad way to go, but I cannot find anything about the rating.  2-ton? 4-ton?  more?   I think the conversion probably brings the GVW up close to 4 tons, maybe a little over.  Does anyone know the actual rating of the OEM jack?

I can get a higher capacity jack, but the all have the pump levers, not the screws handle.  With the duallys, there would not be much travel for the handle.  Has anyone seen a larger capacity bottle jack with a screw type mechanism?  

I am hesitant to do the trip without the ability to change tires easily.  Spending the night on the side of the road in Baja doesn't seem to be a good idea.

that's a good question.  I've never thought about it.  :thinking:   I guess you could try and see if it can lift the rig.  :L: 

I bet a larger truck at the junkyard would have a bigger capacity scissor jack. 

good to you and the ol' MJ are out having fun :D