Egr Pipe On 1990 Jeep Intake Manifold With A Dyno Max Header

The thread size/pitch of the pipe you are talking about is extremely hard to find, believe me i searched. I just ended up cutting it off, folding it over two times, smashing it good and flat, and putting it back in.

I really wouldnt worry about reusing it.

I second  the  impossible threads.  its metric pipe or?????   nothing at any parts store matched,  nothing at fergisuns, nothing at fastenal,  and nothing at dealer.   I made brass plugs  and sealed both. 

I might be mistaken but I thought it was NPT threads.  Whatever thread it is, its readily available.  Take it down to a Grainger store or look in the Grainger or McMaster/Carr catalogs or websites.   Or, any decent machine shop could weld a properly threaded bung on to the header for you and not blow your wallet up.  $20-40 bucks probably.

I might be mistaken but I thought it was NPT threads.  Whatever thread it is, its readily available.  Take it down to a Grainger store or look in the Grainger or McMaster/Carr catalogs or websites.   Or, any decent machine shop could weld a properly threaded bung on to the header for you and not blow your wallet up.  $20-40 bucks probably.

Grainger aint exactly like Walmart, i think i have only seen one Grainger store, ever. I will admit that if you really wanted to, you could probably find a plug online without to much effort and in the OPs case he might just have to do that or, like you said, take it to a machine shop and have them turn one out.

it is not a standard size. it is not any npt that is readily available.

see my prior post... i took it to every place that sold something that sold something with threads.

it is tapered, but i don't recall the threads

Same story here, 7 stores total, most of them specialty stores.

I even took it to the stealership and 3 different exhaust shops. Most wanted to just weld it up. I would think your best option if required to keep the egr would be to go strip a few extra fittings from the JY, I couldn't' imagine them charging very much for it. Maybe you could then get a few of the egr tubes too that way you could cut and bend a few until one actually fits.

I tried to reuse my egr with the dynamax, cut them then couldn't sleeve it due to odd size and the exhaust shop couldn't match it nor any steel shops. Then we tried to weld it end to end, but the steel was so brittle that we kept burning through, set the welder down really really low got one made then managed to fold the friggin thing over during install. So I ended up plugging it.

Other issue I'm still having with my dyna max headers is the cup joint in the y. I didnt want to weld it as there was no flex joint and no doughnut connection. The clamps they gave don't pinch it hard enough with the flex it goes through (i have new motor and tranny mounts). SO I took it apart and tried some of that exhaust clay and clamped it and drilled it and installed a screw. That lasted about a month maybe two before I got a slight leak around them again. I've kinda given up on it, maybe in several months I'll break down and pull the header off again and make a doughnut flange connection, or maybe weld it solid and ad an expansion/flex piece where the exhaust cross sides.

I had two issues with the EGR tube and the Dynomax header:

1-tube would not line up properly. I cut the tube, threaded the two pieces into place with a sleeve that fit over the two cut ends, tacked it into place then removed it and welded the sleeve on.

2-the threaded compression fitting would bottom out in the header bung before the tube tightened. Added a washer into the bung so the tube would bottom out higher allowing the fitting to tighten and compress the tube onto the washer.