Wtb 2Wd Auto Speedo Cable

tazer15

I need a 2wd 4.0 auto speedo cable it's an 88 so whatever works.A member tried to help me on this awhile back but the clip was broke and wouldn't stay on the speedometer.Need this ASAP my sons leaving for college and his speedos not working need to get it goin.Thanks please email me so I don't miss any replys tj15w@yahoo.com

Every 86-'90 speedo cable I've seen the plastic clip was broke. Old and brittle plastic. I locate the cable into the speedo head as usual, and then being careful it doesn't come back out i replace the instrument panel back in the dash. Then working under the hood I push the cable firmly towards the speedo, making sure it's still seated. I then secure the cable so it won't come back out. Usually it will stay by it's self but sometimes the grommet in the firewall is loose enough it lost it's gripping power. A wedge along side the cable pushed into the hole or a clamp around the cable housing attached to the firewall will hold it.

Every 86-'90 speedo cable I've seen the plastic clip was broke. Old and brittle plastic. I locate the cable into the speedo head as usual, and then being careful it doesn't come back out i replace the instrument panel back in the dash. Then working under the hood I push the cable firmly towards the speedo, making sure it's still seated. I then secure the cable so it won't come back out. Usually it will stay by it's self but sometimes the grommet in the firewall is loose enough it lost it's gripping power. A wedge along side the cable pushed into the hole or a clamp around the cable housing attached to the firewall will hold it.

Ditto this plus I used a standard hose clamp (around the POS plastic connector) at the back of the speedo....

• 2 months later...

Still need to try Jackson and son I thought I found one else where fell thru.Is that true the 4wd speedo is the same just longer if so that's the ticket ill go that route.As for that dorman part # those are long gone no longer available tried that awhile back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...