Radiator Help

my radiator has a hole so i need a new one i know its aftermarket because it has a filler neck it has a hose going to lower passenger side and a hose going to upper driver side i assumed i would get one to fit a 91+ cherokee right but i saw one to fit that and it had a hose on lower driver and upper passenger what do i need to look for?

my radiator has a hole so i need a new one i know its aftermarket because it has a filler neck it has a hose going to lower passenger side and a hose going to upper driver side i assumed i would get one to fit a 91+ cherokee right but i saw one to fit that and it had a hose on lower driver and upper passenger what do i need to look for?

And the winner of the award for longest sentence ever is:

Think about this regarding puctuation and see how things could be misinterpreted.

Yesterday, I helped my Uncle Jack, off a horse.

Now imagine that sentence without punctuation. Somebody could get the wrong idea about you, huh?

Not to mention getting the wrong idea about poor Uncle Jack!

4.0 engine, right side,(passenger),upper hose position

left side, (driver), lower hose.

Filler neck, if you have it, will be left side.

Make sure you are looking at one for a 4.0, and not a 2.5 (4 cylinder) as the ads are sometimes ambiguous. (how's that?)

About 12-13" tall and 36" wide, at the outer edges of the tanks.

Most replacement radiators now have the bung for the fan temp switch, but you should make sure.

FWIW, on my v8 powered XJ I replaced my original, with plastic tanks with a split at the temp switch location, with an all aluminum 2 row radiator, after Hornbrod told me it would cool fine, and with no other changes I dropped my running temp by 10-15 degrees, and with MUCH less fan run time. As in, an extreme amount less.

My MJ is still running the radiator that was in it when it came to me, but when the time comes for a replacement ...

And the picture thing is beyond me, too.

Not so, Jim!

I for one like to see your posts pop up, especially when you have pics of your fleet and the countryside around you. Sooo much sky! You have so many MJs there is always something pertinent.

It is a part of the country I have never been to (hardly been west of the Mississippi) and always wanted to get to. I have no desire to go to any other countries as a tourist, there is so much in this one I have never seen, and want to.

My dad was stationed in Colorado during WWII, they stayed in Colorado Springs, my mother said if there was any place other than Vermont (where she lived all her life) that she wanted to live, it would be Colorado.

No complaints here, Jim!

Since it sounds like your rig has already been converted to the open cooling system, that radiator will work. Stock your 87 would have had no filler neck on the radiator and an expansion tank with cap on the firewall, but it sounds like someone has already converted it.