The Building Of Bucky

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

NEWSFLASH!!!! Got a call from the painter... We are on for Friday. Weather is expected to be 74 degrees Wahoo!!!!

I will be taking the day off to and show up over there butt-@$$ early to play go-fer grunt comic relief sidekick provider of lunch mask block tape moral support whatever it takes.

Either the truck will get shot (or someone will)....

Wonder If I will get any sleep in the meantime?

hmmm...don't @#$%ing care!

keep you posted friends..........

Get a grip brother! I know, the suspense is excruciating. Your post was timely, I was gonna ask how paint was progressing today but ya beat me to it. Enjoy the fumes. :yes: I see multiple dancing bananas in you future.

Get a grip brother! I know, the suspense is excruciating. Your post was timely, I was gonna ask how paint was progressing today but ya beat me to it. Enjoy the fumes. :yes: I see multiple dancing bananas in you future.

multiples....?   Nah..... just one big one.

Friday was a fiasco still too pissed to go into any details. Had to baby sit my granddaughter all day today so I could not get down to the painters place today at all.

I did manage to pull the bed off the trailer yesterday afternoon however so we will be able to mount the bed off bucky onto the rails of the trailer for transport and painting.

Basically everything I can do to help or facilitate without actually being there has been done (that does not invole a hand gun or an attorney)...

The plan is to get an early start tomorrow morning.

Thanks for checking up on me...will let you know tomorrow evening where we are....

Well Sunday went well, better than expected anyway. Managed to get the bed pulled off and the underside powerwashed, scrubed, cleaned with lacquer thinner and undercoated. Also powerwashed and scrubbed the frame rails and hit them with self etching primer then undercoated them too.

I know I had one to begin with.....????

....Also I have not seen either tail gate over there yet.

I will be getting back over there in the next few days, I have sent links as to door hinge repair off the forum to him.

Obviously why the door was removed. I have no problem diving in to finish that aspect of the process... I suspect that is where we are going....

In the photos above on the right side in the garage you will see the purple impala lowrider. On the left a pair of old ford tudor bodies (one with I would guess about a 4"to 6"  chop).

Here are some pics of the other projects that bucky is sharing space with....

Off to the painters for the weekend. The gotta do list ibefore we shoot s getting shorter.

I truly believe that we will see the sealer coat and basecoat on by Sunday afternoon/evening.

Otherwise.......... I will post Sunday night if I need help with bail money.

Happy bunny day to all.

buffalo b

Off to the painters for the weekend. The gotta do list ibefore we shoot s getting shorter.

I truly believe that we will see the sealer coat and basecoat on by Sunday afternoon/evening.

Otherwise.......... I will post Sunday night if I need help with bail money.

Happy bunny day to all.

buffalo b

LOL go hard dude, i,m feeling ya pain. Body work dudes are a bread of their own.

Nope not encarcerated...but bone tired. Sunday kicked my butt, man I'm glad I don't do that stuff for a living. Lots of progress a few annoying setbacks (still held up for drivers top door hinge repair).

Some one apparantly thought it was easier to cut the top hinge in half with a grinder than have the patience with the proper torx bit and ratchet/breaker bar accessories to get the door off.

Looks like I will be going to the pick and pull for a rear door cherokee hinge after work this afternoon. We have a paint booth for the entire week after today.It is getting so close I can taste it.

Got in too late last night to even think about posting photos...will shoot for this evening.

Well first thing Sunday morning started with bolting down the truck bed to the trailr frame to facilitate getting it mobile, this really prooved a godsend in getting it easy to manouver around. While Tim finished the skim coat of filler, I scuffed up the bed for application of the bed liner to be sprayed in,

Considering the limited floorspace that the project has been reduced to having the bed off, separate and moveable will no doubt improve the chances of getting the paint layed down this week. After scuffing the bed I pulled all the remaining interior panels to get the old door weatherstripping out. Then removed the passenger door.