I bought a 1986 jeep comanche 2.5l 4 cylinder custom edition 4x4 with a long bed from a family that had it on there farm. The truck has only 45,000 origional miles there is barely any rust on the body but there was a fender bender on the back left tail light and the sockets are dry rotted. The engine leaks oil i can see it burning on the exhaust where it comes out of the manifold and i think its possibly leaking transmission fluid. The dash lights don't work but the headlights work and it runs strong. I payed 400 dollars for the truck did i get a good deal? how much is the limit as to what i should put into it to get it inspected

I think you got a great deal especially with hardly any rust. Congrats and welcome to the madness. I don't know what it will take to pass inspections so I can't give you my opinion on that one. Since it has low mileage I would imagine you may not have to do too much, but you might open up a can of worms with everything you do if the po didn't take care of it. Good luck and put up some pics.

Buck.

Thanks alot for the input and i hope that i don't open too big of a can of worms haha i need a vehicle that runs and is inspected! in this photo you can't see the damage to the driverside tail light i just snapped a quick pic the last time i was back home from college.

29diplt.jpg