Renix Stroker

Was just trying to figure out why everyone goes HO? Also, I have my running 87' and one more 88 that's runs but isn't street able,as the cab has been damaged severely. Anyway that means I have a full second set of running gear, motor, and aw4 tranny. Thinking of rebuilding the tranny, and having the spare motor stroked. Wondering what issues I will have. I don't want crazy power, just good strong power and like new condition.

Sounds like a good plan. can't help you with the tranny, but I can give you a good basic stroker recipe, but if you want the REAL deal go where the stroker pros are. http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/ These guys know there stuff and have taught me a ton on jeep strokers.

As for the HO strokers, i think these are the majority simply for that fact. Not many Renix motors are still around so in turn even fewer Renix strokers. HOs are widely abundant and make good power, so why not.

HO's have a better flowing head and a straighter path of flow. They're also more abundant and have almost all the aftermarket support. You can swap to an HO head with a Renix lower to get the better angles, then upgrade to a newer intake for better flow. I'm sure these guys know a lot more about strokers than I do but that's what I was planning on doing years ago when I had my old Cherokee.

Just to give some specs on mine.

It IS a Renix, but with a bunch 'o' bolt ons

90 block

7120 head,

HO fuel rail, throttle bracket, and fuel lines

99+ intake

62mm Jeff Leigh Throttle body

12 counter weight crank :brows:

4.0 rods

Keith Black forged pistons, .030 over

injectors have yet to be sourced

probably needed: Fuel pressure reg & map adjuster