Tremors Truck

GirsMJ86

Image Not Found

Anyone have the specs for this truck. Other then it was a 63-67 Gladiator, manual, 4x4, step-side, empire blue, so on and so on. I mean like real specs.

Or if you could take a guess at tire size and lift size that would help.

I want to get one just like this one day and I love the looks of this one. So I would like to make it as close as I can.

Thanks,

Alex

I saw the thread title and knew exactly who made it...

I gotta say, I dig the stepside models. I'm a lil 'eh' on the short and long beds, but the stepsides score big.

yea i might be getting one for like 400 if it is still for sale. it might be over by chicago but i don't care, cent get em in good shape around here. Jeepcomj has to let me know if its still there. and we might figure out how to meet halfway, him towin it and me towin part.

Alex

I saw the thread title and knew exactly who made it...

I gotta say, I dig the stepside models. I'm a lil 'eh' on the short and long beds, but the stepsides score big.

yea i might be getting one for like 400 if it is still for sale. it might be over by chicago but i don't care, cent get em in good shape around here. Jeepcomj has to let me know if its still there. and we might figure out how to meet halfway, him towin it and me towin part.

Alex

haha yea girs i gotta go get off me arse and stop workin so much...maybe have a chance to check the sucker out for ya :D hope its still there don't wanna get u all excited for no reason

haha yea girs i gotta go get off me arse and stop workin so much...maybe have a chance to check the sucker out for ya :D hope its still there don't wanna get u all excited for no reason

if its not its no big. i will just have to buy a junker and fix one up. or wait till i move west.

There's supposed to be a J10 or J100 on Jericho next week. They trash it though. There was a Duece on this week.

saw that too did ya? don't you just hate that, looks in good shape too. stupid hollywood.

Alex

The J300 is nicknamed "Reba" (stubborn and female is what they called it. Inside joke about Reba McIntyre who was in the movie. Get the DVD and watch "The making of") and has a Buick 350 (they busted the Dana60-2 rear axle in the second film and rolled it off a cliff). Anyone see the last of the series with the M715?

J100 was the designator for the first Wagoneers and the trucks were J300 till they added a zero (4 digit numbers) J1000 was the 1/2 ton and J4000 the one ton. In '74 they cut the designators back to J10 and J20 (with a couple J30 campers and tow trucks) til the Jtruck went away in '88.

the one is the 2nd film is actually like 2 or 3 junkyard trucks fixed up and made to run since they could not find the one from the first movie. they all look as close as they could make em look to the one in the first movie. if you watch close you can tell differences.

i own the "attack pack" which has all 4 movies. don't ever watch the 4th one and the 3rd isnt much better. the 1st and 2nd are still the best but the first is the one that we all remember.

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

now that I can see the picture (I enhanced it too) it's a J300 with Dana 44 closed knuckle front (unless they stuck in an upgrade with disc brakes) and D44 rear. It's @'65 (before they put chrome around the top back edge of the cab) and probably has something other than stock or an OE Buick 350 in it.

Except for the box, my '73 J4000 was very similar. It was semi float Dana 60 rear with 5 lug (like CJs and Fords) with closed knuckle D44 front and drum brakes all around (at least it wasn't the rare 12" drums!)

There's a pic on here someplace of it with an XJ or full size Bronco shell sitting on top of the box before I hauled them away for scrap. With the J20 D60 full float rear, I haul up to 6500 lb loads.

i will be upgrading to discs in the front (and rear if i can). and i will upgrade the engine to a 401 or 360 unless the one i find already has one of those in it in good running order. but i won't settle for one unless its 60s or 70s with the thriftside bed.

do you know when they stopped offering the small rear window? and which was more common do you think with this bed?

Alex