Injector Bore Hole Extremely Dirty!

Had a leaking injector so to keep my truck from starting on fire I went to replace the o rings on my injectors and fuel rail assemly. I found large deposits of crud in my injector bore holes. How do I clean them without all this crud falling into my intake and running through my motor?

funny story, i had the same problem, so i figured using a stick would be THE BEST tool to use to clean out the bores. Need less to say much of the build up ended up falling in to the cylinders. But thats not the funny part, the funny part is that i broke off about a 1/2in of said stick in one of the cylinders. After giving my self a good a** kicking, I prayed to the jeep gods and fired her up. Ran like the champ i knew she was and never missed a beat.

need less to say I would not advise using a stick, however i would not freak out if some of it falls in. Find one of those metal pipe cleaners and ream the bore out real well, then wipe as best you can with some kind of cleaning agent. Brake parts cleaner maybe?

If the bores are that dirty, then you will have a lot of build-up in the intake and the intake ports in the head. It's probably worth your time to just pull the intake and clean everything. Gook luck.

I was thinking about using a shop vac to suck up all the $#!& as i scaped it out. Going to clean the bore holes only no motor dissassembly since a rebuild is in the very near future. thanks anyhow

I was thinking about using a shop vac to suck up all the $#!& as i scaped it out. Going to clean the bore holes only no motor dissassembly since a rebuild is in the very near future. thanks anyhow

Sounds like a good idea.

I edited because I'm not sure it would work.

Yes, you can pressurize the cylinder to change valve seals.......the pressure keeps the valve closed....fitting should be available anywhere.

For it to work you'll need to keep the intake valve open.

The vaccum worked great along side a small pick to dislodge the buildup of stuff. Sucked all of it up as it came off then cleaned the bore holes with qtips soaked in carb cleaner did the same in the fuel rail. I did the assembly of the o-rings onto the injectors and fuel pressure regulator then everything into the fuel rail indoors after all the parts had warmed to room temp. With a very small amount of lube the injectors and pressure regulator slipped easlily into the fuel rail. I lubed up the bore holes and bottom o-rings and the whole assembly went in with no problems. My first attempt was outside and it was cold the injectors and o-ring were next to impossible to install into the fuel rail and almost every one tore while pressing into the intake. Lesson Learned