Posting Pics

JeepcoMJ

Other forums with the picture feature we now have have it set up so you can press the down or over buttons to get to the bottom of the image, press return, and either type, or insert the next one. This forim won't let me pypost picture after picture, only picture prior to picture. Any way to fix that? And can we reinstall the old setup as another option? Having img codes is nice for copying to other sites.

Other forums with the picture feature we now have have it set up so you can press the down or over buttons to get to the bottom of the image, press return, and either type, or insert the next one. This forim won't let me pypost picture after picture, only picture prior to picture. Any way to fix that? And can we reinstall the old setup as another option? Having img codes is nice for copying to other sites.

You can manually type in the img tag codes either in RTE mode or raw edit mode.(Click the light switch in the upper left of the edit box to toggle it.) I was also able to just replicate what you describe with using the arrow keys. What browser are you using?

• 3 months later...

Can someone explain to a noobie how to add pictures to a post. When I click the Image button, it asks for a URL rather than the location on my computer where the picture is? I could add my profile pic but can't add pictures to thread? I tried fliped the Edit mode switch but no help? Guess I need remedial instructions!

Comanche Club only stores your profile picture, because it's only one per person and they're freaking tiny. You'll need to host the pictures on another site and link them to here, using the picture button, or the IMG tags as Alexia described.

Photobucket will give you something to copy with the IMG tags already on it, and all you'll have to do is paste in your post.

• 3 weeks later...

Pete,

What kind of money does it take to have the forum upload pictures directly from our computers? (not needing photobucket anymore).

Seems to me with storage as cheep as it is these days it wouldn't/shouldn't cost that much, so mostly curious what that ballpark amount is?

The backing up of all the data is probably the costly part i'm guessing...

Pete,

What kind of money does it take to have the forum upload pictures directly from our computers? (not needing photobucket anymore).

Seems to me with storage as cheep as it is these days it wouldn't/shouldn't cost that much, so mostly curious what that ballpark amount is?

The backing up of all the data is probably the costly part i'm guessing...

The host that CC is on is very restrictive. I host three similarly trafficed web sites over on Dreamhost and pay less than Pete does for hosting CC for a year. I also have theorectical unlimited storage.

to me, it's less about money and more about hassle. more to worry about, more to fix, more to learn, more to explain over and over how it works, more money I have to collect from guys and shuffle around. there are plenty of sites that will host photos for free. I just don't see the need to complicate things here any more than I have to. :dunno: this is a hobby, not a job.

to me, it's less about money and more about hassle. more to worry about, more to fix, more to learn, more to explain over and over how it works, more money I have to collect from guys and shuffle around. there are plenty of sites that will host photos for free. I just don't see the need to complicate things here any more than I have to. :dunno: this is a hobby, not a job.

I can relate to the hobby becoming the job!

Reason I ask, is that I see tons of posts with external sites hosting the pictures, and then the owner reorganizes his albums, and the links get lost. Not being in control of the photos can cause a lot of good tech to be lost, so I was just thinking of the integrity of the forum.

• 4 weeks later...

I am a complete idiot on the interweb thingie, but am a member over on Moparts, where before I submit something I can attach a pic, from my computer (have no other storage) by hitting a "browse" button.

I don't know what that means or how it is done, seems like magic to me.

I don't even know how to cut and glue ...or whatever.

I can turn wrenches and weld tho ...and skin knuckles and cuss with the best!

In reading the above posts and being technology challenged myself, I have deeply and thoroughly pondered the situation and believe I have come up with a working solution. Horses. In reading the following repotaire, repotare, essay please keep an open mind and fully think about it. You take the pic you want to post and wrap it in a piece of paper and place it in an envelope. Take the envelope to the nearest stable or relay station. From there it will go by horseback to it's final destination. How simpler can it get? There will need to be a series of relay points as a horse can only go about 10 miles at a gallup before tiring. On a 1,000 mile leg that's 100 relay stations and a couple hundred horses. A rider can go 100 mile before needing a rest. No union here. That's 10 riders. there will be charges occuring which will need to be addressed such as hay $14 a bale, rent on stables, vet bills, Managers at the stations, etc, etc. For this service we will need to come up with a catchy name, Horse Express or Pony Rider or some such. Just a thought. El Jimbo