Cherokee-Manche rear suspension swap

Now I know that you can swap the rear suspension from a Cherokee onto a Comanche, and if I remember correctly, it will give a lift to the Comanche. But, how hard would it be to swap the rear suspension from a Comanche onto a Cherokee? Will it lower the Cherokee at all? Reason being, I'm currently building an SRT inspired XJ. I have a front air dam from a street Comanche, and 17" rims that are nearly identical the the Grand Cherokee SRT-8 rims. I am also installing rear coils from a TJ on the front, in which I am anticipating almost 2" of drop there. So hopefully, this will work out the way I am expecting it to. Any input is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks! Ryan.

Now I know that you can swap the rear suspension from a Cherokee onto a Comanche, and if I remember correctly, it will give a lift to the Comanche. Thanks! Ryan.

:huh???: The XJ's rear leaf spring length is 51.5", the MJ's is 57". Plus the XJ springs are nearly flat and have almost no free arch; the MJ springs have 9.5" of free arch. I guess you could swap the springs by relocating the mounts, but why?

Easyest way to lower the rear would be a set of Blocks i would think :dunno:

Yes, BUT, I believe my Cherokee is spring over axle. A block would lift it.

So if he's wanting to obtain a 2" drop he could convert to sua then make a bastard pack between a comanche and cherokee to counter the 4.5-6" loss in height from the SUA

So if he's wanting to obtain a 2" drop he could convert to sua then make a bastard pack between a comanche and cherokee to counter the 4.5-6" loss in height from the SUA

Exactly.

Yes, BUT, I believe my Cherokee is spring over axle. A block would lift it.

Did you stick your head under there and look to see if it's SOA or SUA?