cherokee center consoles

i just got done doing my bucket seat swap i wanted to get some pictures of a comanche with a cherokee center console because i want to see how well it lines up to the floor and how well everything works out.also wanted to know what was done with the parking brake hole. thanks :wrench:

I don't have pics but the consoles are essentially the same. You will need pad & carpet underneath or there will be gaps along the bottom edges of the console. The E-brake slot can be left alone or plugged with a plastic insert like the Comanche consoles.

I didn't do anything with the parking brake hole. The ratchet on my MJ is slipping and I 'm getting ready to swap in the hand brake assembly from a XJ. Anyway it doesn't bother anything. I'm going to swap this console for one with the cup holders. Them things are handy. In this pic the bucket seats are from a '91XJ and the console is from '87XJ,

I didn't do anything with the parking brake hole. The ratchet on my MJ is slipping and I 'm getting ready to swap in the hand brake assembly from a XJ. Anyway it doesn't bother anything. I'm going to swap this console for one with the cup holders. Them things are handy. In this pic the bucket seats are from a '91XJ and the console is from '87XJ,

Why swap the console if you want cup holders? They just bolt on. That is what I did on mine and it also covers most of the e-brake opening. Never really notice it.

console2

Have you thought about one of these? Any parts store should have one, fits perfect,4 cupholders and more storage. Sorry kinda dirty.

i could definitely repaint one of those olive drab and black thats not a bad idea

I have a 97+ console. It's got the built in cupholders and can hold a Super Big Gulp. I have a Cobra WX ST 75 CB radio and I mounted the control box inside the console and the cord comes out of the ebrake slot. When I'm not using the CB, I can stuff the cord into the console through the slot.

don't forget the little steel bracket that attaches the back of the console to the trans tunnel. :thumbsup:

And if one did forget to grab that will it just sit there ok or no? I'm assuming it'll attach at the front the same as the gear shifter cover thingy with the bench.