looking for pictures...spring under vs. spring over

so i want to swap my axle under the leaf springs for an easy lift but i've read alot of mixed info on how much it lifts the rear of the truck. i've read anywhere from 3" to 5".

so i was wondering if anyone out there just has pics of a before and after and i can judge for myself.

thats soa rear and stock front,i ended up going about 6.5" up front to sit level

SOA gives about 5" but you have to remember the rear is about 1"-2" taller stock so around 5" will give a stockish rake and around 6-6.5" will get it about level.

You won't have any issues with death wobble because of the lift. If you do get a wobble its because something is worn out. I run 6.5" of lift with no sway bars or steering stabilizer for about 5 years and have never had a wobble or shimmy in the steering wheel. If something is worn (ball joints, hubs, tie rod end, control arm bushing, track bar......) you can very easily get a wobble.

This is a Rough country 4.5 inch lift with soa in the rear. I also believe there is 4.5-4.5 inch leaf packs in the back. The back sits 3 inches taller than the front. The PO did it..... :doh:

If it doesn't have leaf packs it could have shackles and aal I'm not really sure. But I plan on Changing it asap and lifting the front 2 more inches.

Going SOA lifts the back end up 5.5-6.5 inches over the current height. but how much lift you need in the front will depend on the condition of your leafs and if you want a bit of a rake to the truck (do you want it level when empty, or level with some stuff in the bed). and those numbers will change if you add in a heavy bumper, winch, etc.

Nice, jamminz.gif , but what lift did you go with for the front?

Rocky road?

Rusty's?

Rough country?

and after such a high lift have you had any problems with DW?

My lift isn't any ones kit. its a mixture of stuff,some of it I built myself.

And as Blue XJ said,death wobble isn't caused by the amount of lift,its worn components and/or geometry issues.

the pics definitely give me a better idea of what i need to complete my build. thanks to those who helped out.

i just found a set of used 6.5" coils and control arms on my local craigslist for $150. hopefully i can snatch them up tomorrow after work.

This is a Rough country 4.5 inch lift with soa in the rear. I also believe there is 4.5-4.5 inch leaf packs in the back. The back sits 3 inches taller than the front. The PO did it..... :doh:

If it doesn't have leaf packs it could have shackles and aal I'm not really sure. But I plan on Changing it asap and lifting the front 2 more inches.

take off that shackle lift for an original shackle and it should sit a little more level.