Lighting Ideas?

I'm wanting to replace my stock headlamps due to limited visibility and I'm wanting the blue look. I saw that they have halos for our trucks and hid conversions. Which ones have y'all tried and does anyone know what all I will need? Is there a plug and play harness upgrade? Does anyone have pictures of the blue lights on there trucks or even the 6k ultra whites? Thanks in advance!

http://www.eautoworks.com/Putco-H4--900 ... D7540.aspx

Cruiser’s Headlight Upgrade Harness Instructions

Absolutely plug and play. Remove grille and headlamp bulbs. I fed my harnesses from the passenger side starting between the battery and the back of the headlamp housing, over to the driver side. Plug the driver side bulb into the new harness. Attach the new harness's ground wire under one of the small bolts on the radiator support after scraping the paint off under it. Attach the harness to the existing harness behind the grille working toward the passenger side. . Plug the new harness plug into passenger headlamp. Plug original headlamp plug into receptacle on new harness. Attach the ground for the passenger side just like you did the driver side under a radiator support bolt. Attach relays with provided bracket on the passenger side inner fender. Connect power wires to battery.

Will this harness work with any type of lighting I decide to go with? Are there any suggestions on the light housing and bulbs?

Yes. Do the harness first. You may decide, after seeing the improvement, that less ambitious plans will be needed for great headlights.

I love my sealed beam silverstars, even with the OEM harness :dunno:

I bought the silverstars for my Comanche, now that I have a '06 GC Hemi the silverstars are terrible comparitivly. It looks like I will be going with the Hella lights afterall.

Don't waste your time and money on the SS........I did.

Care to elaborate. Did you upgrade the harness or just plug them into the stock harness?

:cheers:

The harness first, for sure. I recommend the harness upgrade for 2 reasons. One is you will have brighter headlights and an excellent upgrade path to follow in the future should you decide to.

Secondly, the harness eliminates a high amp load of the headlight circuit running through undersized wires going through the headlight switch causing premature failure of the switch. You know when it's gonna fail, don't you? At night!!

The supplemental harness is probably easier to install than a headlight switch is to replace. Not to mention the fact that many times the headlight switch plug melts down shortly before the switch does and further muddies the waters.

• 4 weeks later...

The supplemental harness is probably easier to install than a headlight switch is to replace. Not to mention the fact that many times the headlight switch plug melts down shortly before the switch does and further muddies the waters.

What would you do if your plug did melt? can i rig in i new plug or do i have to switch the whole dash harness? I swapped out my headlight switch, but the plug for terminal I was melted, and I believe that's why half of my electronics only work when my headlights are on.

Plug ends are available at most auto stores. Or you can cut a couple of pig-tails from the JY.

Don't crimp or wire nut or tape.............SOLDER! your connections.

The harness we talk about here is at the rad support only, not under the dash.

Order the Putco harness for $40 and the Hella e-code glass headlight housings with the Hella e bulbs. They are bright white.

This is Susquehanna MotorSports's website. The H6054E is what you want.

http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=744

Check out the review of my build on the last page.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17711&hilit=first+restoration+project&start=120