MJ on eBay

mjeff87

Must be the "Earl Scheib, we-paint-anything-(and everything)-for-$49.95" paint job that makes it worth so much :dunno:

although...if it is what it's said it is (88, 2.5 auto) it should have 4.56's under it. When did 2.5's switch from TBI to MPI? I thought it was around 90 (?)

Must be the "Earl Scheib, we-paint-anything-(and everything)-for-$49.95" paint job that makes it worth so much :dunno:

although...if it is what it's said it is (88, 2.5 auto) it should have 4.56's under it. When did 2.5's switch from TBI to MPI? I thought it was around 90 (?)

I think '91, just like the 4.0L. Nothin like some high output 2.5!

I love the green on the outside, and am jealous of the interior too!

:mad: I want the interior!

Yeah, I looked at the pics again and it is a 4.0L (I noticed the overflow bottle too). I ran the VIN listed thru a decoder and it's supposed to have a manual tranny...probably a BA10 that died and the PO swapped in an AW4 and new console. Notice the lack of the PRNDL on the cluster? and that would also explain the "reverse lights are operated from a toggle switch on the dash, to pass inspection" comment :roll:

I might just drive up there this weekend after all. Might be fun.....

Jeff

I like these quotes, about 2 sentences apart:

The back up lights are operated by a switch on the dash board so that the vehicle could pass state inspection

The elctrical(sic) and optional equipment on this vehicle has been checked to insure that it is all in working condition.

Well if it's all in working condition you wouldn't need a backup switch. How hard is it to wire the NSS?

People are crazy, the dealer that sold my MJ originally wanted that much, I told them it was a thousand dollar truck, and walked away for 1500.

Interesting truck, but I wonder what makes them think it looks like an Army truck. The trucks we had when I was in didn't have alloy wheels.

That thing is a mixmaster. It is a 4.0L, not a 2.5L. It was a base model truck -- notice the idiot light cluster. But it has a sport steering wheel and hockey stick armrests, which may have come from the same vehicle as the engine.

It does appear to be pretty solid, though. It's probably worth the current bid, but I don't think it's worth $4,995.

Me messaging the seller:

"I'm sorry to have to say this, but thought I'd let you know, these lil' trucks just don't go for 5 grand. I think the most someone will pay would be $2500, and a reasonable price would be $1800. I hope you get what you ask for, but as a Comanche owner in a club of many Comanche owners, this price is quite detering."

Seller messaging me:

"I'm Sorry To Have To Say That I Have Already Got Two Offers Over What My Reserve Is And Also I Have One Customer Coming To Pick This Vehicle Up For The Buy It Now Price I Hope You Have The Same Great Success Selling Your Vehicle."

So apparently someone's dropping 5 grand on this truck...