Project Trail MJunk

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks... I'm liking it too. I've got to fix my power steering leak, get a new battery for it, get it registered and a few other odds and ends but it's getting closer to being wheelable.

I haven't really driven the Jeep much. I'm looking forward to getting it road ready so I can drive it around a little bit and work the bugs out. Hopefully I won't find too many suprises.

I got it registered and new plates. Drove it about 30 miles today. I messed with the alignment some. It was toed in too much. My caster is a bit steep at around 9 or 10 degrees but it seems to drive okay. I also got the CB hooked up and a installed a license plate light to keep the cops off my butt. It ran at around 195 degrees all day and never seemed to want to get hot even when it was sitting and running in the driveway.

All and all a good day. It felt pretty cool to drive it finally. Hopefully there will be a trail ride here in my near future! jamminz.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I took the MJ on it's maiden trail ride yesterday. It did great. I didn't break anything, which is always good. I did however add some beauty marks to the body. I put a few new dents in the bedsides and a nice dent in the door and cab. But, that's what it's for! jamminz.gif

Anyway, I was the only MJ on the trail (of course) and the only guy out of 10 or so that wasn't in a TJ. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Everyone was commenting on how cool the truck was. jamminz.gif

I didn't take too many pics... I was busy driving. Here's a few pics though...

pdr_0635.jpg

pdr_0636.jpg

pdr_0639.jpg

pdr_0641.jpg

pdr_0643.jpg

pdr_0645.jpg

My only gripe is that it is too hot in the cab with the doors and no slider in the rear. I need to find a slider, pull the sunroof out and pull the doors. I was thinking about mounting one of those little fans that plug into the cigarette lighter on the dash bar too. That should make it more comfortable in the summer. I like the way they look better with doors on but it's just too hot.

Thanks for the kind words. :cheers:

We went down to that new park in KY... HillznHollarz. We were working on some new trails. We cut a decent one up a rocky creek bed with a bunch of ledges about a quarter mile long. From what a few of the guys were telling me we only saw about 200 of the 900 acres. I'm looking forward to going back. It's just over 2 hours away for me and that's pretty close.

Yeah, I know Jerry, but I don't think I ever met Andy. I know Brian Watson also. They are part of TKO aren't they?

I used to belong with Ohio River Four Wheelers along time ago. Its been along time since I rode with them though. I mostly ride with 4 of my buddy's from work when ever we can. Don't get out as much as we used to though.

Your MJ looks great. Did you bend the cage or buy it pre bent? If you bought it, where did you find it?

Tim

Your MJ looks great. Did you bend the cage or buy it pre bent? If you bought it, where did you find it?

Tim

Go back a page (page 4 of this topic). The link to the cage is in the second thread from the top. There is also some more info about what was changed back there somewhere.

Watson moved to Michigan. He is thinking about selling his XJ. Although he has already started a mild buildup on another one.

Thanks for the link for the cage.

I can't believe he is selling his XJ. He has had that thing forever. We will have to hook up this year and get out with the two MJs. Its rare that you see 1 MJ on the trial but to see 2 of them would be really cool.

I had mine out to Big Rock last month for its first trip and it was awesome, even though there wasn't alot to do there. It is quite differnt from my old CJ-5 with manual transission and Carburated. The wheel base is awesome compared to 83" that my CJ-5 had!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...