Project Silver and Black

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the emergency brake lines locked up (rusted) and wore down the drivers side brakes, so I installed a new set of lines and brake shoes. Other than the engine (135K), I think everything on this vehicle has now been restored. :wrench:

why not do the disc brake conversion instead?

i liked the idea of the bed armor. what was the reasoning behind it? and what do you "do" since he was a customer. if you don't mind my asking

I personally don't think that disk brakes make that much of a difference on a vehicle that is light weight and is mostly used on road. Cost is one of the main drivers behind the build of this vehicle. In regards to what I do... I work for the Government and build / modify / sale 4X4's as a hobby.

:thumbsup: is your buggy a sammy? i might have to break down and get the 231 cable shifter one of these days

Yep! It's a Zuk.... At least the hood and what remains of the tub. :rotfl2: The cable shifter upgrade is the best mod on my MJ. :nuts:

Half way done with the rear main seal replacement. All that remains is putting everything back together and filling it back up with some Mobil Uno.

You gotta love Jeeps.....

I finally found the culprit behind the oil leak after replacing the valve cover, oil filter, and rear main seals. Since everything was dry as a bone, the trail led directly to...... drum roll......... the "Distributor"....

Good thing that this is an easy fix.... I will update with pics once I'm done. :banana:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

PACIFIER, those tail lights just look so wrong, but the paint color gave me a hard-on. OK not really but damn that color looks great on the MJ. You don't happen to know the paint code for it, or what the paint color is off of, do you?

p.s. Cab vents on the hood...?!? Interesting...

PACIFIER, those tail lights just look so wrong, but the paint color gave me a hard-on. OK not really but damn that color looks great on the MJ. You don't happen to know the paint code for it, or what the paint color is off of, do you?

p.s. Cab vents on the hood...?!? Interesting...

I actually love how the tail lights turned out, it gives it a modern look.  The paint color is: GM 96 (Fusion Orange).

I helped work on that truck.... I'm the one who talked him into doing those tail lights.  I've only seen pics of them and always wanted a set, but I'd just knock them out on the trail so I talked him into doing a set so I'd get to see them in person.  Pics don't do them justice..... you can do interior and front clip but it's still going to look dated in the rear until you get a set of these.  I also like how he recessed the license plate in the rear bumper and added an LED light. Glad someone on the board bought this truck......