MancheKid86

best thing ever,

cop decides to run my plates,

so he follows me for a while, than the expected, woop woop, lights went up,

pulled over,

and it went like,

me:good evening officer,

cop: do you know why i pulled you over?

me: no sir i do not (yes i am this polite to them XD )

cop: well, you see, your license plates are for a jeep, and your in a truck...

me: yea?

cop: is this a jeep?

me: YES!!! (and this is when i went off on my extensive knowledge about them)

cop: oh so they must be rare, well have a good night, by the way, i just noticed jeep on your tailgate XD

comanche.gif

That's neat! And, the get rarer. In my 3 months in the Minneapolis area and lots of driving, have not seen another.

On getting pulled over in a Comanche:

Moved from the state of Washington to Missouri in 2004.

Got Missouri plates for our Cherokee and my Comanche.

On two lane road I'm in my comanche and State patrolman drives past me in opposite direction.

Whips on his lights and turns around. :huh???:

I pull over, turn comanche off and place hands on steering wheel in plain sight.

They like that, said an officer I knew some years ago. :D

He walks up with hand on holster. :eek:

Asks: "do you know why I pulled you over?"

"No sir", I say. :dunno:

"Why do you have passenger car plates on a pickup." he asks. (Now know why he had hand on holster). :ack:

I say, "the state of Missouri issued them to me."

"Please show me the registration." (had still on holster).

I SLOWLY get it out of glove box and hand it to him. He looks at it.

"Well, they issued you the wrong plates. You need to get that taken care of!" :smart:

I do.

Told Missouri DMV what happened and suggested they ask questions if not sure. Didn't know a Comanche is a pickup, and that Washington considers light weight pickups a passenger car. Missouri doesn't. Missouri DMV ASSumed what Washington said on it's registration was same for Missouri. :dunce:

Moral to the story .... IF you move to another state, MAKE sure they get it right. :thumbsup:

When I was living in New Mexico I chopped the back of a 1968 Cadillac Leaving the side panels and tail lights original, A La El Camino. When I moved to Colorado and applied for new titles I told them I wanted to register the Caddy as a P/U. Explained what I'd done. He wanted to see it so we went outside and I showed him. He checked the VIN, SOP for out of state transfers and gave me a title, and plates for a 1968 Cadillac pick up.

When I was living in New Mexico I chopped the back of a 1968 Cadillac Leaving the side panels and tail lights original, A La El Camino. When I moved to Colorado and applied for new titles I told them I wanted to register the Caddy as a P/U. Explained what I'd done. He wanted to see it so we went outside and I showed him. He checked the VIN, SOP for out of state transfers and gave me a title, and plates for a 1968 Cadillac pick up.

Jim,

just when I thought you couldn't get any cooler :chillin:

:cheers:

FWIW,

I'm picturing it black on black, with a Caddy 472, and fuzzy dice on the rear view jamminz.gif

Only way to make it badder would be with a 4spd bolted in :wrench: :yes:

Here in Ohio I would have kept the car registration. Plates for a pickup truck are about twice the cost of passenger car plates.