Help! SOA

So, I think we did something wrong here... we swapped in an XJ D44, and got everything set up for SOA... I thought this would net me about 5.5-6" of lift, but instead I got this:

The front is lifted w/ 4.5" coils, the rear is just SOA w/ stock 4x4 leafs, those are brand new 33's :eek:

What did we do wrong? :huh???:

soa nets 6" above your current height. the better shape your springs are in, the more lift you need in the front to match. 2wd leafs are a bit shorter than 4wd packs, or you can mix and match with XJ or Explorer leafs to get a shorter overall lift. be sure to use new hardware to reassemble the pack, and make sure the main leaf is properly supported. (personally I would try a full XJ pack, with the eyes cut off, put under an MJ main and go from there)

what perches did you go with? got pics of that area with the leafs on top?

The springs are about 4 years old, and the front has always had a heavy front bumper w/ the winch on it.

Sorry, no pics Pete, but the perches came from RuffStuff Specialties.

Decided I'll order some 6.5" coils, and call it good.

The springs are about 4 years old, and the front has always had a heavy front bumper w/ the winch on it.

Sorry, no pics Pete, but the perches came from RuffStuff Specialties.

Decided I'll order some 6.5" coils, and call it good.

2' pucks would work too if you like those coils.

what do you have for the rest of the front suspension?

yup if you don't have adjustable CAs id be getting those too. like others said I'm sure those front springs are worn and with the weight of the winch bumper dropping it down even more. I'm thinking youll be happy with 6.5 up front and with the overall stance. i need to get off my @$$ and do my SOA

can't wait to see the finished product man jamminz.gif

yup if you don't have adjustable CAs id be getting those too. like others said I'm sure those front springs are worn and with the weight of the winch bumper dropping it down even more. I'm thinking youll be happy with 6.5 up front and with the overall stance. i need to get off my @$$ and do my SOA

can't wait to see the finished product man jamminz.gif

Haha, either can I man. Thanks for the jamminz.gif comment.

From my build thread

So w/ soa d44 with 4x4 leaf springs and 6.5" coils up front I have a 7" gap between the top of the tire and the flare up front, and a 10" gap out back, is this normal? I though 6.5" coils would level out my suspension.

Is there supposed to be that big of a difference between the front and back? The front has 7" between the top of the tire, and the flare while the rear has 10".

No rear bumper yet, just a hitch reciever.

I'll get you those pics Pete.

It definitely still has a rake to it, but IMHO it looks pretty good now. Throw a toolbox and a spare tire in the back along with an aftermarket rear bumper and you're ready to play.

Even though some people think a truck should sit perfectly level, it's a truck. It should be able to carry cargo. And I think nothing looks worse than a truck with a few hundred pounds of cargo that's squatting down.

Got the lower arms changed on it?

Actually, in this pic, the drivers side LCA is .5" shorter than the other.. Rough Country messed up the threads on one of my adjustable LCAs, so the driver's side still has the RE one that came with the 4.5" lift, all the other control arms are adjustable. Tomorrow we will be getting the last LCA on there.