Bosch or Walbro pump?

Got mine at NAPA - used the Bosch and have been happy with it so far. Documentation with it describes it as a 'high speed turbine pump' and I believe it actually does come up to pressure faster (judging by the sound) then the old one....

'course the old one was, well old :roll:

they both look the same,the difference I see is the piece of hose supplied with the pump,the walbro has a straight piece and the bosch has the 90 degree,I received my bosch today and its a lot smaller than the one I pulled out of my truck but comes with what looks like an adapter kit the part number I received is the 69302,has anyone used this number on a 4.0 with success? my truck's been down for almost 2 weeks now and would hate to wait any longer.

wish i could remember what pump i bought. got it from napa and it was slightly smaller than the stock pump. i had to use a combination of the new adapter pieces and the stock parts. i remember i had to cut a piece of the rubber to fit one end of the pump correctly. but everything works great and fits.

i'd say pull the pump and see what you can do :cheers:

they both look the same,the difference I see is the piece of hose supplied with the pump,the walbro has a straight piece and the bosch has the 90 degree,I received my bosch today and its a lot smaller than the one I pulled out of my truck but comes with what looks like an adapter kit the part number I received is the 69302,has anyone used this number on a 4.0 with success? my truck's been down for almost 2 weeks now and would hate to wait any longer.

I installed one of those four years ago and it's still going strong. Get it here, $67.55 shipped:

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-69302-Original-Equipment-Replacement/dp/B000BZICYU/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Model=Cherokee%7C347&n=15684181&s=automotive&Make=Jeep%7C42&Year=1991%7C1991&vehicleType=automotive&newCar=1&carId=002:

you used a 69302? i was able to get it set and pumping,but while putting my fuel hoses back together my o rings for the quick connect decided to tear apart( I pulled my intake/exhaust manifold to weld up the exhaust leak) so now I have to wait a couple days for the dealer to get them in,,,I haven't been able to check fuel pressure.

Allright I got the pump in, I'm getting approx 34-36 psi with the ignition switch in the "on" position and while cranking,31 psi with the vacuum line hooked up to the regulator and 39 psi with the hose disconnected (both the 31 and 39 psi readings where done while the engine was running) but my hard starting issue when cold actually got worse I have a new cps,fuel filter/pump,02 sensor, squeaky clean throttle body and have checked values on the MAP,IAT,ECT sensors and are all within range,any ideas?

• 2 years later...

I installed one of those four years ago and it's still going strong. Get it here, $67.55 shipped:

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-69302-Original-Equipment-Replacement/dp/B000BZICYU/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Model=Cherokee%7C347&n=15684181&s=automotive&Make=Jeep%7C42&Year=1991%7C1991&vehicleType=automotive&newCar=1&carId=002:

So it looks like that kit will replace either brand of OEM pump? That kit is now only $61 shipped but like most of us I have no idea which pump I have on my '91 HO...Grrr....

The CPS did not fix my hot stall problem. Still no codes. I have noticed that when it stalls it will re-fire but I hear the fuel pump running while it is cranking but before it re-fires. As I am instantly popping the truck into neutral and hitting the key I am thinking that the truck should not be losing its prime that fast?