diesel cherokee??

jared

any one have some info a the diesel jeep cherokees that were available??

i know of one 4sale that spun a bearing and comes with 2 extra blocks. just wondering about parts and the value and rarity of them.

The motor was also used in some Winnebagos. Parts are slim, but existant. Since they are so rare, they are and are not very valuable. Most people think they are pretty cool, even though they are quite underpowered compared to the 4.0L. As far as years, I'm not good at those. Pretty sure they were gone in '91 when the High Output motors came around.

I ran into somebody who swapped a diesel from a little delivery van, like a mitsubishi or something... it was choice hearing that diesel thrumming out of an XJ. Wish I'd gotten details on the swap/engine...

There's actually a really mint 87 SWB with the 2.1 in it around here. Or maybe it was an 86 LWB? I don't remember. But it's all factory, sorta a burnt orange colour and no vynal stripes/decals. Not a spot of rust.

Some old guy that is the orig. owner has it. Only drives it in the summer.

In Europe Jeep offered a 2.1 L TD Renault diesel in the MJ and XJ, and later an Italian 2.5L TD VM diesel in the XJ’s (116hk.300Nm).

None of them could compare with the mighty 4.0L, concerning power and reliability, the parts and maintenance is pricey vs the 4.0.