Anybody here remember

jimoshel

^ You gottem. Back in the old days, pre electronic, that would fit between the transmission and speedo cable.Didn't have to disassemble the the tranny. Remove the cable, remove the drive gear. You could buy just the converter already set up to your specs, or you could get the complete kit, which consisted of the housing body, the drive gear, which mated with the gear on the tranny output shaft, two gears which fit inside the housing and a chart where you dialed in the rear end ratio and tire size. Then read off which gears to put where, There were twenty gears total, all color coded.

Some place. I been cleaning out the garage, storage and throwing away, sorting thru over 50 years of parts, pieces and stuff. When I saw them I remembered the thread on speedo error. Anybody need a tune up kit, points, rotor, capacitor for a 1948 Nash? Rebuilt starter for a '42 Willys? Sorry I got started. Jim

Ya I remember those , we had those on our old Crown school buses (the bus that looks like a Twinkie) my Ramcharger has one on it but it has a plastic housing not the aluminum ones . We still have a small box of those things hanging around work and they are still readily available from our local Truck Parts store but they are kinda pricy IIRC.

I remember those we had a great big kit with the gears housings and pins it also had speedo cable ends and cable housings ends ,i used to make cables in fact i ended up with the kit when we got rid of it don't remember what happend to it though i made some of those cables 180 inches long .