Personalized historical plates. Need help.

mvusse

Never mind. Even though historical plates do not need to be renewed each year, personalized plates have a $50 per year charge. That kind of defeats the purpose of getting historical plates to begin with.

So I got my new registration, plates are in the mail. Cost me $25 and change, valid until January 28, 2050.

Never mind. Even though historical plates do not need to be renewed each year, personalized plates have a $50 per year charge.

haha what a scam.

That kind of defeats the purpose of getting historical plates to begin with.

So I got my new registration, plates are in the mail. Cost me $25 and change, valid until January 28, 2050.

That's much much more like it. :cheers:

$25 for 38 years!? Heck I gotta pay $60 a YEAR for standard Truck registration.

I'm goin "Classic" tags next time on my 90, $75 1 time payment ;)

PA just charged me over $300 for my plates and registration for the Cummins!

Weight class III

$153

Title

$22.50

Transfer

$6.00

Taxes (difference from GA to PA)

$150.00

It was going to be over $400 for GA so I guess it worked out in the end and makes getting my sticker easier every year until I retire.

in ohio, are there any restrictions to when you can drive/how many miles you can put on your truck? and don't you have to have special insurance? i ask because i don't know and would evenutally like to get historical plates for a "few" of my projects.

Josh

You're allowed to drive it in parades, to/from/in club events as well as to get gas, get it fixed or whatever. No daily driving.

Doesn't affect me any. If I drive it to go off road somewhere (instead of trailer), that would be a club event. If I drive it to work, that is to fix something on it or service it (heated shop versus gravel driveway).

If the same officer spots you heading the same direction in the same spot every weekday at 7:39 am you will probably have some explaining to do.

• 1 month later...