Project MJ for 2011 Ultimate Adventure - Update for '12 Trip

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Pictures :clapping: First thing you will notice is the similar paint color. Well, we heard from an overwhelming amount of people who actually wanted us to stay true to the original design and keep it green. We couldn't completely leave it alone so we stepped up to one of the brightest greens I think you will see on a production vehicle today. The new color is Gecko Green which is available on the 2012 Jeep JK. We had one of these JKs in the shop a few months back and it made the old MJ green look very pale. Pictures will not do the paint justice. Grab the nearest bright green highlighter and you will get the idea. Body panels will be back today and from then on we will be wearing sunglasses in the shop around this thing.

Just off the trailer, back from paint. Gecko Green will make your eyes bleed if you stare at it too long so pace yourself.

Front end view. The Rigid Ind. 30" light bar will be going back on (see SEMA pics). We pulled the front end appart to mount the new TJM 12,000 lb winch and AGR Rock Ram fluid cooler.

5 new Nitto Mud Grapplers (40x13.50R17). Same size as the Maxxis that were on there - pictured above. Nitto is the sponsor of the UA again this year. We didn't wait for them to get us tires last year because of time constraints. The Maxxis did awesome wherever we went. Figure we would try this out this year. These are being mounted on Walker Evans Racing bead lock wheels (at the painter).

The interior all torn out again. New gauges hanging while we trace wires. This thing had some electrically gremlins we are trying to eliminate. Gauges will be mounted in a complete custom steel dash, which is currently at the painter. Should be back today.

After UA last year, we moved the reservoir out under the fenders to get away from the engine heat

2004 WJ brake booster/master cylinder with Summit racing rear adjustable proportioning valve.

Fuel cell filler neck. The old one was hard to get to and a pain to open.

New Rigid Ind. rear facing LED lights

Found something that probably only a true Comanche guy/gal would find the least bit interesting. Digging through the pile of pieces and parts from the full year of messing with Project MJ we found the original window stickers. Total original sticker price of $15,365. We paid slightly less than that for it 21 years later.

My Photobucket skills aren't up to par...thought I had this one rotated correctly.

Comanche looks great guys. I absolutley love the Pewe Jk so cool. Not a lot of room for gear though. Looks like yall are having a blast already. I own all of th UA videos and can't wait for this one to come out. Hope everyone has a great time and be safe.

carnage report?!

i was following the UA as best i could, but it seems like you guys made it through pretty well this year. howd you like those tires in the mud??

Really nothing to report. The MJ worked great in everything. It did overheat once after getting the radiator jammed full of mud. We also have a new dent in the driver's side door and a broken mirror. The Nittos worked great in everything...just a little noiser than the Maxxis on the road.

The MJ got back late yesterday morning. We pulled it off the flatbed and put it right into the enclosed trailer. By 5pm it was headed toward Bloomsburg, PA for the Jamboree this weekend. It will be there all weekend at our booth and then on over to the PA Jeep show in York, PA next weekend. I won't have it back here until after PA Jeeps. If you are around those two areas, stop by the show and say hi. Steve Fendt will be there and can tell you stories from the trip.

http://zoneoffroad.com/blog/?p=2907&utm ... ad+Blog%29

...By 5pm it was headed toward Bloomsburg, PA for the Jamboree this weekend. It will be there all weekend at our booth...

Sweet! I'll have to swing by, I'm headed out there for work this weekend. I'll be with the guys from 4 Wheel Parts. Looking forward to seeing the Comanche in person finally.