Project MJ for 2011 Ultimate Adventure - Update for '12 Trip

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little upset. i live in TN and wheel in arkansas and missouri. you went to both!!!! i would of loved to see the UA in person. i guess it was a secret though so no hard feelings :fs1: :rotf:

Would not have been able to tell you if I wanted to. The only thing we knew was where we were starting. Meaning they told us what hotel to meet at and that was pretty much it. That is one of the main points of the UA...You pretty much just have to follow Pewe where ever he goes and every day is a surprise trip. One of the many reasons it is the "Ultimate Adventure". You can always buy the DVD and see the whole trip in the comfort of your LazyBoy.

I'm a little upset. i live in TN and wheel in arkansas and missouri. you went to both!!!! i would of loved to see the UA in person. i guess it was a secret though so no hard feelings :fs1: :rotf:

Would not have been able to tell you if I wanted to. The only thing we knew was where we were starting. Meaning they told us what hotel to meet at and that was pretty much it. That is one of the main points of the UA...You pretty much just have to follow Pewe where ever he goes and every day is a surprise trip. One of the many reasons it is the "Ultimate Adventure". You can always buy the DVD and see the whole trip in the comfort of your LazyBoy.

I doubt he would remember but I meet him(Pewe) at a offroad expo once, that day and evening became the Ultimate Adventure that ended at Hard Rock cafe with a Jagermiester bottle in my back pocket that was shared with non other than Shannon Cambell (and his wife). Sadly I don't remeber how the night ended and the next day sucked(hungover) at the expo. I have no self control around semi-famous people.

True highlight of that trip...meeting Ivan Stewart!!

• 1 month later...
Hi guys,

Hey was wondering if you can tell me what your WMS to WMS serface is on your front and rear axles. Also, what backspace and width on wheels.

THanks, Jason G.

Sorry Jason, somehow I missed your question. The WMS measurements on both are 65.4" (stock JK). We are running a Mickey Thompson 17x9 Sidebitter with 5" BS.

Also, we are back at it again, prepping for SEMA. http://zoneoffroad.com/blog/?cat=188 Hopefully this time around we will be able to touch of some of the details you guys were hoping to get when we first started the build.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome meeting the Zone team at SEMA ; the truck looks as good in person as it does on the build thread! The Zone team was on of the nicest and their passion is truly evident! When I visited the booth they opened the doors and hood to show all their work and share what they have learned on the build and I fully intend on borrowing a few things from them. Thanks guys for being so cool and down to earth.

-Jenssen

We're glad you liked it and thanks for stopping by. We're not done with it yet either. Still a lot of little things we want to do with it. But then again, is a trail rig ever really finished?

NEVER!! Must be nice not having to explain why your MJ needs this or that to your wife or girlfriend though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ok.....you guys got moved to the top of stickies. That requires regular updates........PLEASE... :cheers:

Nothing at the moment. We have been busy finishing up all our other lines with 2012 model year test fits. We own a half dozen trucks so they all need attention here and there as well.

On tap for the winter months when we get a free hoist and manpower will be to finally get the rear Anti-rock sway bar installed. We also have an AGR Rock Ram setup we need to install. The stock steering box did not like fighting aired-down 40s on a locked front axle. We also have plans to finally get some MJ suspension lift listings put together.

We did get the MJ out a few weeks back after returning from SEMA. We took it down the road to the local Career Center to show off during there open house. http://zoneoffroad.com/blog/?p=2165

Also, for those interested, the 2011 UA DVDs are in. We have them for sale on our website. http://zoneoffroad.com/product-acc?ca=27&su=200

• 1 month later...

-Update-

Started working on the AGR Ram Assist. We have the new steering box in and working on finishing up the mounts for the cylinder. We found this to be a must-have after fighting aired-down 40s on a locked axle with the stock steering gear.

I also grabbed a shot of the reworked front grill area for those who haven't seen it. The color matched grill makes a world of difference and the Rigid 30" light bar isn't to shabby either. Had someone at some point ask about the exhaust through the bed. Grabbed a picture of that too.

Oh, I got ahold of the photobucket account too so I can direct link pictures now. Better late than never I suppose. Let me know if you have anything you are interested in seeing and I will do my best to get some pics up.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well guys, we are once again sponsoring the Peterson's Ultimate Adventure. With a trip to an unknown location somewhere in the US in about a month, we decided to make a few updates to the MJ.

On the list is a couple things we didn't like about the rig the last time out as well as some details to change up the look a bit. New storage compartments will find their way into both the cab and bed. The dash is being torn out and replaced by a custom steel piece and new gauge cluster. Mechanically the biggest change will be the NP231 transfer case being pulled out and replaced by an NP241 Rock Trac out of a Rubicon TJ. The new t-case gives us more strength and a much better 4:1 gear reduction.

I will work on getting some pictures up so you can see the progress.