shackle flipped inward!!

i felt like a little offroading while cruisin some gravel. found some really deep washouts and went in. flexy as hell but i made it. upon driving off my drivers side was sagging bad! got out, saw the damn shackle on the pass side had flipped inward on me. ive tried flexing it out all the way on some off camber stuff and pulling down on it with a chain but nothing. i know there has to be some serious pressure going on there and I'm not about to start unbolting s**t :eek:

any thoughts, ideas, suggestions welcome. i need to get this fixed asap

Way back in the old days we used to flip our rear shackles forward to lift the rear end. It looked stupid and rode like hell, but that was how it was. :D Put your truck up on a frame lift so the rear axle is hanging by the springs, get a large crowbar, pipe, whatever you can fit between the shackle bolts and push it back with the bar. Should pop right back to normal. :cheers:

sure it gave it more lift and does ride like hell but it looks cool (on one side) lol. there isnt a frame lift around here close. there are several regular lifts though. i was thinking using a fork lift to lift up that side till its off the ground and maybe pry it down then but i don't know :dunno:

edit: wait there is a guy with one but he's a huge a$$hole and would prolly charge an arm and leg. still, ill ask

Way back in the old days we used to flip our rear shackles forward to lift the rear end. It looked stupid and rode like hell, but that was how it was. :D Put your truck up on a frame lift so the rear axle is hanging by the springs, get a large crowbar, pipe, whatever you can fit between the shackle bolts and push it back with the bar. Should pop right back to normal. :cheers:

I used a bumper jack on mine. I hate them things as they're more dangerous than a gun. got the wheel off the ground and used a crow bar. Popped it right out.

How could you allow a Ford to help fix your Jeep?

haha i was wondering if that was coming. its a mazda so its the fords cousin. so its murky water there but i think I'm good :D

it barely did the job

with a little prying and pulling it popped back down jamminz.gif not as big a deal i thought it was last night but then again i wasnt in the right state of mind :cheers: thanks everybody!

You must be from 'Bama. :cheers:

Oh - wait, you're from TN! That's even worser. :yes:

its a fine line but i think after that statement you take the cake :yes: :shake:

You must be from 'Bama. :cheers:

Oh - wait, you're from TN! That's even worser. :yes:

or mazda is a rebadged ford :dunno: either way it had to be done and it hadnt reached the point of using my maxima........it was damn close though :rotf: terrible, terrible trucks IMO, at least his four banger is

Ford Ranger is just a rebadged Mazda, so still the same truck ;)

Back in the day, the first mini-trucks here were re-badged Jap trucks: The Chevy Luv was an Isuzu and the Ford Courier was a Mazda.

For a decade or so the Mazda B-series has been a thinly disguised re-badged Ford Ranger and the last Isuzus were re-badged S10's. Several Mazdas are re-badged Ford's now, like the Tribute. My how things change.