Blue88Comanche Pioneer 4X4

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Well I'm guessing you meant to say 'guess' :yes: and then I would guess you're installing and then driving through some mud? Wish mine was ready for some of that stuff

I wish i was driving through some mud this weekend. Need to replace my front axle first, and a few minor other problems...

• 3 weeks later...
So a Picture of my Jeep ended up on a website without my permission, I made 3 calls to the Companies involved. Now just waiting for their call.

you don't want it on there?

not really, Had they asked first then Maybe.

Might I ask what company? Rusty's OR did this to me and a friend of mine. We were not thrilled, especially since the description was entirely wrong

RockMJ

So a Picture of my Jeep ended up on a website without my permission, I made 3 calls to the Companies involved. Now just waiting for their call.

you don't want it on there?

not really, Had they asked first then Maybe.

Might I ask what company? Rusty's OR did this to me and a friend of mine. We were not thrilled, especially since the description was entirely wrong

RockMJ

No, it was some local Hardware Tool supply company. I got a Call today and the Picture was removed.

Here is what happened

we will refer to everyone involved as Companies A, B, and C.

Company A: Local Hardware Store and parent Company to Company B

Company B: Online Store used to resale A popular hand Tool, and owned by Company A

Company C: The Actual Big name Company that makes the Tools that Company B sells, But has no relation to Company B.

I found out that a picture of my MJ was on Company B's website, I tried to contact Company B but had No answer. So I contacted Company A, the Lady on the phone said they can't change anything on their own website because their wed tech no longer works there, and that I should Contact Company C to get it removed. Keep in mind that Company C does not own Company B's Website and can't do anything directly. So I called Company C, Figured it won't hurt to call, and spoke with someone there that was willing to help. She said, as i knew already, that because they don't own that website they can't remove it themselves, but they would contact the owner on my behalf. Today I got a Call from the Lady at Company C, She said that the issue was resolved. I thanked her for her time and effort, and such great customer service. Its been a while sense I spoke with someone who was actually helpful, and will continue to support them. But what gets me is why it took a Call from Company C to get any action out of Companies A and B, clearly they had the know how to remove the Picture without their web tech.

• 3 weeks later...
I now want some Half Doors...

Buy some tube doors. Your Jeep is too clean to have some hacked up chunks of metal hanging from it. You still have that 44 for sale? :D

RockMJ

who sells the tube doors? I have a donor XJ with some doors that look good on the outside but the inside is messed up on them so they would be great to cut down. I plan to keep my full doors and use the half doors around the town and when i do yard work at my grandmothers orchard. and when it is so bloody hot outside and i am without A/C...

that D44 is still up for sale if you want it. Its just cost of delivery that sucks

• 3 months later...

Last week i got started on replacing the front axle to one with proper gears, and as i was removing the front drive shaft i came across this.

603512_4246978893241_2063854164_n.jpg

looks like i will be replacing it as well.. maybe this weekend i can finish the swap and finally put the new TC in 4wd, or rather full time 4wd till i get the shifter linkage hooked up!

• 3 weeks later...

I got my center Console back in, hopefully this time for good. and this time i actually used all the mounting hardware, so its not going anywhere any time soon :D

377320_4330419739210_1467108492_n.jpg

294619_4330420619232_197446684_n.jpg

599262_4330421979266_1190234319_n.jpg

Still need to swap out my front axle, replace the U-Joint of the front drive shaft, and connect the linkage for the transfer case. But at least I can still drive it around town.

I got my center Console back in, hopefully this time for good. and this time i actually used all the mounting hardware, so its not going anywhere any time soon :D

377320_4330419739210_1467108492_n.jpg

Every time I see a nice center console like this I have to think of 5 reasons I shouldn't put one in my truck, along with some buckets.

I still have yet to come up with 5 reasons other than laziness. :yes:

Keep it up man!

Every time I see a nice center console like this I have to think of 5 reasons I shouldn't put one in my truck, along with some buckets.

I still have yet to come up with 5 reasons other than laziness. :yes:

Keep it up man!

putting the brackets in the proper place was not all that hard... well it would have been easier if the rhino liner wouldent cover up the hole just after i drilled it.. but my MJ came with bucket seats, I havent even wanted to take on the task of putting in bucket seats into dad's MJ.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My new Smittybilt XRC8 winch came in the other day!

561587_4571382083118_698202309_n.jpg

230932_4571382603131_403501531_n.jpg

After reading online reviews that said the instructions suck, I was happy to find they where wrong.. It looks very simple to understand and the cull color pictures are nice as well.

482968_4571383203146_1847969702_n.jpg

249577_4571383603156_1797149930_n.jpg

I will admit i got a little ahead of my self when i installed the winch.... I bolted down the winch then realized that i forgot to connect the power cables :doh:

486695_4571384563180_928763340_n.jpg

Online reviews also said that the controller plug is not secure and will fall out is false. I was able to get it in and doing as the instructions said rotate to lock it into place. after fooling around with the controller in the cab i was unable to work the cable lose.

425823_4571384003166_1419576398_n.jpg

I don't have a pic of my first use, i up rooted a rotten stump I did get to use my winch on this oak tree, i had cut it down a few months ago, i winched it out of the bushes so i could attach it to the hitch on the MJ and pulled it to the fire pit. It makes a nice bench till i get the chain saw fixed.

579181_4581105406195_776013380_n.jpg