Blue88Comanche Pioneer 4X4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haven't had time to search my uncles garage.. and haven't been able to get the box in yet.. just so much other stuff to do for other people, i hardly have time to do what i need/ want. this weekend i will be replacing my room mate's front passenger side CV joint or axle.

when i get time i will but in the subs and get pics put up.

this morning i filled my ac for the first time in months, i knew i had a leak because it only lasted about 2 months, this time the $100 of 134a only lasted 20 min :headpop:.. looks like more than a just little leak... also my cluster died thankfully it was just a fuse. so i was late for work.. great way to start the day right...

$100 of R134!! That stuff it cheap why so much? Did you have a shop do it for you? A reptuable shop should troubleshoot the system with a dye before filling or soon after. That's not cool! ha

They make some great dye detector lights and they work great. My last truck the '01 XJ was leaking inside from the evap core because you could see the dye on the drain tube under the fan. I sold it before I replaced that.

I hope you get it fixed, I am no expert on A/C so I hope you find someone good to fix the problem.

For whatever reason, the price of R134A has gone WAY up in my area. I used to buy 4 cans of that stuff for about $25 and that would normally be enough to charge my system. Last time I was in the auto parts store looking for the stuff, the cheapest I could find was about $20/can.

I bought AC leak stop, 1 can of cheapest R134a, and a kit with 2 cans and a gauge. the kit also had UV dye and a UV light in it. looks like there is a leak around the dryer so far.. it started raining again so i was not able to look for very long. thankfully most of the staff there will mark it down 10-15% for me.

Just watched the video. Rocking the dubstep eh? Its funny because I produce the stuff haha! Nice vid dude

RockMJ

I looove dubstep.. got any links to your stuff?

I can't get enough of it, can not WAIT to get some subs in the MJ :brows:

I don't want to clog up Jeff's thread so ill PM you the link.

But on a similar note. Any pointers for making the sub enclosure? How did you fasten it to the Jeep or does it just sit behind the seats? Ive been planning a build of one in the next few months to get some tunage in the Jeep. Thanks man,

RockMJ

I don't want to clog up Jeff's thread so ill PM you the link.

But on a similar note. Any pointers for making the sub enclosure? How did you fasten it to the Jeep or does it just sit behind the seats? Ive been planning a build of one in the next few months to get some tunage in the Jeep. Thanks man,

RockMJ

the box is going to have some legs to let it sit level. its pretty heavy and fits like a glove so i am not sure if it will need to be attached to the cab, i am hoping this weekend I will be able to put it in finally. My uncle if off work as well so if I work on it over at his house i will look for the build specs for the box.

as for pointers my box is sealed everywhere possible with wood glue or some other sealer, even the spot where the sub wires pass through the box. also you want to find the airspace specs for your subs, mine are ten inch and that brand has its own airspace requirements, and my box is built to alpine sub specs.

Nice mj. YeaH the comanches are small next to an f250 but check the ground clearance that's what counts. Get the comanche lifted and then park next to it lol 3" will suprise u.

agree! thats what surprised me when compared my 6" lifted jeep with 4" left ram 2500. hood height is about similar but my jeep have alot more ground clearance! thats what make it worth to offroad! :D

----

i gotta love your mj! wanna trade? i would love to have clean and blue mj! :bowdown:

• 2 weeks later...