D44 worth

jimoshel

Sorry. I have never had a puny D35 break on me so I've never had to replace one. I do know D44 are the rave, in thing and I've bought several, the complete assembly for less than a $100 when I had the chance, but they're just sitting in the yard, unused. I have seen them advertised for anywhere between $75 to $650 but I've never seen any actually sold or bought. I know they are a desirable axle. I just don't know there worth, true worth. Jim

Got a chance to get a front and rear 4.10 with 30k on them for $50. Just wondering what they're worth. :dunno:

Whats the front and rear out of?

The waggy D44 is a fairly desirable axle for a number of people. Expect a value from $150-$250 for the front alone, complete. Waggy rear, maybe $150 if you get lucky and find someone who wants it.

The XJ 44 rear is worth 300-400 around here. I would not take anything less than $300 on CL for a 44 rear, MJ probably about $250.

HP F150 D44, maybe $300-400.

Well,, I got the dern things. If I had known it was going to be a 140 mile round trip wouldn't have bothered. It's just the ring gear and pinion and bearings from a 2009 Rubicon. 30k. Couldn't really see any wear on them. Fella upgraded and had no use for them. :thwak:

I don't think you can use the JK rear gearing in a XJ housing.

Do you know if the JK rubi and TJ rubi share the same type of thick cut gear?

I know the stock TJ rubi 4.10s will fit another D44 if it has the 3.92 or [numerically] smaller carrier.

I know the stock TJ rubi 4.10s will fit another D44 if it has the 3.92 or [numerically] smaller carrier.

rubi axle is a rubi axle interchange via tj and jk

however not usable in XJ axles, no.

I don't *think* they do.

I also don't think you can put rubi JK 4.10s into the non rubi D44 rear either. But it's been so long since I've read up on all that I'm not sure.

I don't *think* they do.

I also don't think you can put rubi JK 4.10s into the non rubi D44 rear either. But it's been so long since I've read up on all that I'm not sure.

no you can't put rubi in non rubi axles

You do know the JK Rubicon axle is very different than the TJ Rubicon axle right? Aside from the gears I don't think anything will interchange between them.

no you can't put rubi in non rubi axles

Hence the problem, Rubicons already have 4.10s in the rear, and you can't install those into a non rubicon rear.

44 fronts are only sold with 4.10s, so either you have 4.10s, or you can't use them.

Explains why I always see JK 4.10s from rubicons for sale for $50 on craigslist with no takers.

You do know the JK Rubicon axle is very different than the TJ Rubicon axle right? Aside from the gears I don't think anything will interchange between them.

yes I was referring to gears as what the subject matter was.

yes I was referring to gears as what the subject matter was.

Ok, and rear gears only too.

JK Rubi 44's

Front:

Std size R&P (8.5" gear) High Pinion, 'thick' gears (uses 3 series carrier, normally 3.73 & below)

So, the ft gears only fit HP 44's.

Rear:

8.8" ring gear, 1.626" pinion (D60 size) Thick gears.

It also uses larger ring gear bolts, so you have to drill out a std D44 carrier to bolt the ring gear to it.

So you "might" have to clearance the housing to fit them inside a std D44,

and you will need to drill out the carrier for the bigger ring gear bolts.

The pinion is not going to drop in with regular D44 pinion bearings, without some work........

I was going tell you Jantz is putting D50 gears ((9"Ring & 1.626" pinion) into D44 housings, so anything is possible

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948996

but it looks like they are

already selling a kit to put JK 44 gears into regular 44 housings:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=957491