Official MJ Production Number

beepbeepmyredjeep

I wouldn't trust anyone at Jeep who made that site. For a short period of time MJ's were made from '84-'92 on a previous version.

Rob L.

Yeah, this line doesn't make much sense to me.

Available as the short-bed Comanche Sport Truck and the long-bed Comanche Chief, the last Comanche rolled off the line in 1992...

Makes it sound like the Sport Truck and the Chief were the only two models available.

I wouldn't trust anyone at Jeep who made that site. For a short period of time MJ's were made from '84-'92 on a previous version.

Rob L.

Yeah, this line doesn't make much sense to me.

Available as the short-bed Comanche Sport Truck and the long-bed Comanche Chief, the last Comanche rolled off the line in 1992...

Makes it sound like the Sport Truck and the Chief were the only two models available.

If it was a chief, it was a longbed. They never made a longbed Chief. I bet my sister wrote that.

i went browsing the comanches in my area today and found one owner outside. gave the old man a card and asked a little about his truck. he is the orignal owner of his 1985 SWB 4wd 2.5 mj. looked a little hesitant to be talking to a young buck that just pulled up to his house so i didnt bother asking to get the vin. he sadi he wasnt sure if they were made in 84' or not

i went browsing the comanches in my area today and found one owner outside. gave the old man a card and asked a little about his truck. he is the orignal owner of his 1985 SWB 4wd 2.5 mj. looked a little hesitant to be talking to a young buck that just pulled up to his house so i didnt bother asking to get the vin. he sadi he wasnt sure if they were made in 84' or not

VIN or it didn't happen. Did you check the build date? The emissions sticker? Anything?

Rob L.

no, last few times i saw it, it was on the side of the road, today it was in his yard behind a fence. he said it was an 85', but now I'm thinking he could of bought it in 85' as an 86' model? i will go back and check again one of these days and take of pic of something that claims a date. sorry to disappoint you rob :cry: :D

edit: went and double checked with the guy, he put in for it to be built nov. 85 and got it jan. 86, so its an 86. thought i found something cool, and no i didnt get the vin

the top of the page starts out with 86', but the bottom production #'s start as 85'???

http://www.comanchemj.1hwy.com/photo6.html

no, last few times i saw it, it was on the side of the road, today it was in his yard behind a fence. he said it was an 85', but now I'm thinking he could of bought it in 85' as an 86' model? i will go back and check again one of these days and take of pic of something that claims a date. sorry to disappoint you rob :cry: :D

edit: went and double checked with the guy, he put in for it to be built nov. 85 and got it jan. 86, so its an 86. thought i found something cool, and no i didnt get the vin

the top of the page starts out with 86', but the bottom production #'s start as 85'???

http://www.comanchemj.1hwy.com/photo6.html

You do know that that is my website... Right?

And I should put a disclaimer on that thing... But here goes anyway:

You don't have to wait until 2012 to buy 2012 cars. Usually the next model year comes out Fall (Normally September) the year before. 2012's will start hitting the dealers in late 2011. Now think about that. If they weren't already building 2012's in 2011, how would that be possible?

Its not.

Car makers usually start making the new model year in about May-June of the year before... That way, when its time to start selling them, they already have a bunch ready to meet the demand.

What it all means in MJ land:

'85 Production numbers were the number of '86 MJ's actually made in '85.

'86 Production numbers are the number of late build '86's, and Early build '87's.

And so on and so fourth.

That's why the number of '92's built in '92 is so low. There are more than 952 '92 MJ's. But, there were only 952 made from Jan 1st, 1992, to end date.

Savvy?

Rob :cheers: