tires

A lot depends on where and what type of wheelin you plan on doing most, how much road driving compared to offroad, and if you're willing to compromise either offroad or onroad manners for more of the other.

VERY well said!!!

For a all terrian I like the BFG AT's but they do not like mud.... You won't go wrong with the TOYO AT's either.

This is what I have on a light wheeler that sees mostly road driving where long tire wear and excellent road traction under all conditions is wanted.

If you are on the road for anything but to and from the trail stay away from most all Interco Swampers. They are TOP NOTCH for the trail but poor handling, imposible to balance and very short life are the main complaints on the road.

This is my experience,

CW

ive got the toyo a/ts on a conversion van. no i don't wheel it. i have thought about it but I'm just gald dad lets me drive it on date nights. :brows: but any way the a/ts do wear really well and they have been through many a smoke show when the kids at school don't fully appreciate the 318 under the hood.

I felt like my BFG ATKOs wore out really fast on my TJ. I like my old school BFG Mud T/As they got grandfathered to the TJ to replace the ATKOs and are still good to go even with siping and many miles.

Down at Redbird (Dugger, IN) it's all thick gnarly clay mud- you can spend 8 hours getting your club 2 miles on a bad day. Watching the BFG Mud T/A perform in this stuff totally sold me. The people with BFG and Super Swampers were walking the stuff, the people with off brands like Mud King might as well have been working slicks. To see them in the parking lot you'd think there wasn't a difference, but boy when the goo is thick it shows you what a good tire is.

Of course they tell me out here (Tucson) there is only one mud hole that can ever be relied on to be there so I've got to maybe change my tires too.

i have bfg a/t and they handle fine, i drive my xj daily on the road they are quiet and have hardly any wear. i air them down off road and they handle ok in mud, but quickly clump up and lose traction. if you occasionally wheel and are mostly on road a set of bfg a/t would be great, just be a little more on the conservative side off road so you don't bury yourslef

ive got the toyo a/ts on a conversion van. no i don't wheel it. i have thought about it but I'm just gald dad lets me drive it on date nights. :brows: but any way the a/ts do wear really well and they have been through many a smoke show when the kids at school don't fully appreciate the 318 under the hood.

beau-ti-ful! my neighbor has a '78 Dodge 'version van that we wedged, no, shoehorned in a *huge* .040 bored over 440 with a 4spd manual. dumb thing rattles my windows when he starts it every morning (its his DD if yah can beleive it)

on the 91: I'm running MTRs at the moment, will go back to BFG KOs, the KOs do poor in the mud but I'm not going into the mud with it. on the 86: the MTRs will go back on it sometime... been tire searching, if price was not a factor I would be getting deuller a/t's they just look sweet for the DD.

Ive had bfg a/t they suck in the snow so I'm looking a little more agressive. my favorite a/t was a cooper until they discontinued it.

toyos are to prevalent for my liking

I have never herd a complaint about them in the snow!!!

You obvoiusly get more out there when I do here....

Coopers and kellys have been good as well as bridgestone AT's. they revamped them this year. they do look a bit more aggressive......

CW

I love my BFG A/T's i have a set of 33's on my TJ for DD and just got a FREE set of 315/70r17 with about 6-7/32 left that I'm puttin on the MJ after new years run.

i have a set of 33" wally world MT el cheapos and they are are ok for dry cond but suck in heavy mud. they look great and aren't too loud but wear quickly as most soft compound tires do. these are on the MJ now as DD

i also have a set of 34/17 LTB's that i love except i want a little bigger foot print and am going with a set of 33" TSL's that measure out to the same height as the 34" LTB's. they are bias ply so they don't balance or wear very well on the street as CW stated but they are super strong (4ply sidewalls!!)

I'm not a fight foot wheeler and the swamper's help me go places that others who are locked f/r go with little wheel spin.

i don't personally like Goodyear tires, however from what I've heard the MT/R fairs about as well as the BFG A/T in mud but do get on rocks. the one thing i will say if you don't rotate them often they cup out like crazy and will fide worse than a swamper.