Project "Eliminator"

Looks good Wade. If you need help build rock rails let me know. I have all the tools/ welder/grinder/chopsaw/torchs in my garage.

Btw which springs are you using. My Stanleys add about 2"-3" more lift the you have. After my axle swaps I will probably be at about 8" of lift or so.

Looks good Wade. If you need help build rock rails let me know. I have all the tools/ welder/grinder/chopsaw/torchs in my garage.

Btw which springs are you using. My Stanleys add about 2"-3" more lift the you have. After my axle swaps I will probably be at about 8" of lift or so.

I'm using the stock 2wd springs.

• 2 weeks later...

where do you get the stanley replacement springs?

where do you get the stanley replacement springs?

I can get them from National Spring in Milwaukee.

Any big spring shop should be able to get them. I just get a good discount on my work account.

got the leafs in and done. just got to make some shock mounts and it will be finished.

Looks real good.

Just add some bumpstop extentions to it to keep from over compressing the springs intO a negitive arch. Relocate the shock mounts for longer travel shocks and measure what will fit. You should be able to run 10"-11" travel shocks.

• 1 month later...
Nice MJ !!

I have 6" lift in front but I have difficult to get the right length of my upper and lower control arms, how long are they on your MJ ??

lowers=17 1/2"

uppers=15 5/8"

I actually have a 6.5in lift in the front so they are a little longer. I would try 17" for the lowers and 15 1/2" for the uppers

yeah i can't see the pic either.

CW are you asking me about steering and CA's. If so, i have a drop pitman arm for the steering and i have rustys adj lowers and homemade lenghtened uppers.

So your still short arm and NO DB's? I found the ride REALLY choppy at that height.

I got really tired at 6.5" with stock inverted Y steering... how are you dealing with that???

CW

Glad your satisfied.. don't drive one with a LA or DB's. Your bank account will suffer ireputable damage!!! :eek: :eek: :D

I couldnt believe the difference the 5150 Bilsteins/ RE/DB's and JCR steering made in my comanche!!! Last winter, I decided to throw a grand or so at the comanche instead of buying a new vehicle for DD duties. SO GLAD I did!!!! I LOVE my manche!!!

CW

i've been wanting long arms for awhile, but like you said, my wallet will be a lot lighter afterwards.

i'm still in college, so i was going to wait till i get out (like 2 years :roll: ) and have a nice paying job then i will start buying some more pricey upgrades.

• 5 weeks later...
i've been wanting long arms for awhile, but like you said, my wallet will be a lot lighter afterwards.

i'm still in college, so i was going to wait till i get out (like 2 years :roll: ) and have a nice paying job then i will start buying some more pricey upgrades.

So what tires and rims did you wind up using instead of the 33x10.50-15's?

BTW I can build you some long arms in spring or a 3-link like I will be doing. It will save you some cash and will work out great. I'm a fan of the 3-link with a trackbar because there is no binding. You can drive mine when it's done to check out the handling.

i havent gotten any new tires or rims yet...

i would love to see your long arms when your done with them

I would gladly show them to you. If you come over and helped with my built it just might cost you the parts prices.

Are you sticking with the HP D30 or interested is swaping in a HP D44 narrowed to about 62". I can show you how to narrow an axle.

If you keep the D30, I can turn the C's for proper caster/pinion angle and correct the spring pad mounting angle also.

• 3 weeks later...