Bought A 92

sinkrun

I have wanted a 91 or 92 for a long time and finally found it, 92 LWB 4x4, today its in really nice shape for a northern truck put some money down picking up Tuesday. I did snap some pics I will add later. Needs a little body work but not much it is white so it shows theres nothing thru just pealing paint with rusty metal. Looks to have no putty in it all stock 2nd owner hes had it for 10yrs. Floors are great nice tails and gate ugly maroon interior has to go I think. I have to thank the wife for fronting the money on this one. Now I have to sell something either my 89MJ or the 99XJ thats all rusted up.

Image Not Found

BUILD DATE!!!! WHY DID YOU NOT POST THIS WHEN YOU ANNOUNCED A 1992 MJ PURCHASE!?!?!

All other things aside, ;) looks like a clean truck, but it has either had to have had some paint, or had an owner who liked to move badges around... The 4x4's aren't in '92 correct spots, as is the 4.0L HO badge...

Welcome to the club of the Elite MJ owners. :cheers:

Rob L.

Nice truck!

I want a maroon interior for my truck. :fs2:

I had a complete one I pretty much just threw out... I, myself... Not a fan.

Different strokes for different folks. Just keep your canoe out of my creek. ;)

Rob L. :cheers:

Nice! :cheers: Any 92 MJ is a great find regardless of the build date. BUT being a PA truck, I would have definitely brought a bondo gun or at least a magnet for smoke testing. I'd rather see it as built w. the original paint. New paint is a red flag. Hope it's a solid unit. :D

Will post it when I get her home and I know the badges are wrong and I will be moving them so where do they go?

BUILD DATE!!!! WHY DID YOU NOT POST THIS WHEN YOU ANNOUNCED A 1992 MJ PURCHASE!?!?!

All other things aside, ;) looks like a clean truck, but it has either had to have had some paint, or had an owner who liked to move badges around... The 4x4's aren't in '92 correct spots, as is the 4.0L HO badge...

Welcome to the club of the Elite MJ owners. :cheers:

Rob L.

Well guys I have sad news I took a guy with me that checked the truck pointed out allot of putty that I did not see and he said it was wrecked in the front at one time pretty bad. The price was $2700.00 so I walked away for now if he gets to a point where it gets to around $1500.00 we will talk again. After he pointed out the flaws and I came down from my 92MJ High I could see it. Oh and for rob its was 5/92. I am still having a hard time passing on this so time for another drink. If anyone wants the link to the add say so its yours.

You need to go back and get that VIN. Thats the last month they were made... As of yet, we only know of one truck made in May...

You need to get me the VIN so I can lock down a day. Please.

If I were you, I would think long and hard on whether or not to pass on this. Might be some work, but you could have once to the last 10 MJ's there.

Rob L.

Sure ,it didnt get nasty but there not happy problem is its 100 miles away and I spent $80.00 in gas allready. I will pm ya the info.

Gracias Sir. With enough time I can call a dealer on the West coast and have it back to you tonight.

Rob L.

Contacted, he's going to get the title for the VIN and call me back.

Just to get everyone up to speed here on my '92 MJ tracking:

-Only 952 MJ's made from January 1st, 1992.

-Few members can claim late build (I can only think of about 5-6).

-My '92 Eliminator is April 24th, 1992

-Currently latest build date MJ is a member here, with a May 3rd, 1992 build date.

-Rumored end date is May 18th, 1992.

Rob L.