So Cal MJ Meet and Greet

johnnyc

Looking for MJs in the Greater Los Angeles/San Diego area for an MJ Meet and Greet. It would probably be sometime in the spring or early summer. Site to be determined. But it will be in the LA/Orange County area.

I think we can get 10-15 MJs to attend. That would be one of the largest (if not the largest) gatherings of MJs in many years. I've been in contact with an offroad magazine and they said they may be interested in coming out to shoot some pictures.

I want to gauge your interest in participating. And also looking for ideas on location. It would likely be on a Saturday.

I've sent a PM to the SoCal NAXJA MJ owners that I am aware of. I know that there are some San Diego County MJ owners out there too.

great idea -- will be moved down to orange county in july -- maybe anaheim stadium parking lot? get some of the local off road retail/wholesalers involved? t&j offroad, rampage prods, currie ect...

bounce a phone call to jake at rampage prods in corona, he may have some ideas. :cheers:

Doubt that Angel Stadium would let us do it on their property. ;) I'm thinking of a location where there is food or where we can have a BBQ, maybe a park. I had thought of T&J Performance. I know Tom that works there. Or I know the owner of Rebel Off Road and the owners of Outlaw Off Road.

• 5 months later...

Okay...six months later!!

The date is Sunday, August 28. Less than three weeks away. So I hope that everyone's truck is roadworthy.

Still have not nailed down a location, but it will be someplace that has good food. This event will be family-friendly and is open to ALL MJs.

I'll post more info in the coming week.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

11:00 am.

Clearman's Galley

7215 N. Rosemead Blvd.

San Gabriel, CA

http://www.clearmansgalley.com

Go to the website. Seems there may still be some construction on Rosemead. There are some directions on how best to enter the parking lot.

This place has some really good food and is centrally located in the LA area. Apologies to those coming from San Diego. I may have to set up some kind of Long Distance award as an incentive. :)

Didn't make Detroit and it really PO'D me. Gonna bust my butt and see if I can make LA. Wonder what spare parts I should bring altho with a good prep shouldn't need any. Jim

comanche.gif

Are you serious about coming out Jim? Of course, we'd love to have you. But that's an awful long way to come for a little 3-hour meet and greet. You'd be a shoe-in for the Long Distance award. I'll even buy you lunch and a couple of beers. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the bump. I was just about to do that myself. :cheers:

It is only 5 days away. Judging by the replies that I've received, we should have a pretty good turnout. From Nor Cal to San Diego. And from as far away as Colorado (if Jim is really coming) and New York . Although the New Yorker will be out this way anyway and will be Jeep-less, he may borrow an MJ from one of the local guys who has two MJs.

See you all there/