Found a MJ D44....

In a word....yes ;) . Are the drums included, and are they serviceable? If not, they can be a bit pricey to replace. Or you could do a disc conversion on it out of the junkyard. Carrier break is low (< 3.54 IIRC) so you might need a new carrier if regearing higher.

Jeff

edit: the couple MJ D44's I've seen, including the one I have waiting to go under mine, have all seemed to be 3.07's :cry: XJ D44's more likely have 3.55's (just my observation, YMMV)

I have to regear anyways and I am going to 4.88s or lower hopefully but I don't want to put more than 350 in it cause I could get a 8.8 for 200 I know for sure. I know some D30s can go as low as 538 or something like that but i can't remember if its the MJ ones. I will check on the drums and I sent an offer of 100 to him cause it needs put back together. Everyone cross your fingers for me. I might be rolling at 60 without downshifting for a bump soon. jamminz.gif

Cole

If you buy Yukon " Thick" 4.88 gears they will fit in the 3.55 carrier housing ,I know this for a fact because I did it . And saved me a bunch of money not having to buy new carrier housings.I am running 44 s under mine and I feel it is the best thing I ever did,strong and not as heavy as a dana 60 . 8)

Just working out the details and I will own it. :brows: But Does any one know what the lowest gear the D30 front can take in our trucks. As stated before I know there is some 30s that can handle 5.38s and I would like to go as low as possible so I don't have to do it again plus My poor 2.5 needs a brake :oops:

Cole

The HP D30's can go 4.88's and the low pinion D30's can go 5.38's , don't remeber seeing anything lowwer than 4.88's for the high pinion 30 but I could be wrong.

I am running 4.88's in my D44/9" combo and its a nice compromise with the 4.0L and an AW4......I wouldnt run 4.56's but 5.13's would have been better , 1st gear is still pretty fast for crawling even when in 4 low......time for a Mad Rooster doubler :D

Just working out the details and I will own it. :brows: But Does any one know what the lowest gear the D30 front can take in our trucks. As stated before I know there is some 30s that can handle 5.38s and I would like to go as low as possible so I don't have to do it again plus My poor 2.5 needs a brake :oops:

Cole

And those are aftermarket, not Dana-Spicer.

OK the axle is at my dads now and I can't wait to tear into it. I guess Ill have to go with 4.88s since my Dana-Turdy front can't handle the awesome power of 5.38s :cry: Anyone know a cheap and strong MJ-44 matching front I could throw in???? :brows: BTW i can't tear into this until mid summer for reasons stated above but be sure there will be a long write up on the build.Cause plenty of :cheers: and a good long weekend and she will be riding nice.

And while we are on this topic of the sandbox Thanks for everyones support I usally don't like to mention I'm in the military because everyone thinks I am special But let me tell you this There is only a few differences between me and the average person.....some of you do more for people than they really know and if Ya'll didnt do your job there wouldnt be this great country with all the nice stuff we have to even consider protecting. We would be just another poor country if you didnt work your @$$'s off doing what you do. But Thanks again for the support cause not many people are behind the US forces anymore. It makes me proud and I'm sure all the others in the Military that you are here backing our fight. soapbox.gif Ill get down now but don't ever think the Military is all that holds this country together you help more than you know.. jamminz.gif

...........But back on topic if anyone knows a good front I should put in I am all ears for improvement. I know the Low pinion 30s will take up to 5.38s but I don't want Low pinion cause then other problems will arise that I don't want to deal with. Ill keep you posted.

Cole