4.9 Titan Stroker in an 86 comanche x?

more power = good :D

but unless you've got a tremendous budget available for all this, that money would probably be better spent building up the truck to be able to handle that kind of power. You can't just drop in that much HP without some serious beef behind it. But you can seriously beef up your truck and still enjoy it with a regular 4.0. :thumbsup: (and then drop in a stroker later on :yes: )

If it was a ready to run drop it in, then I would say hell yeah but the price dose seem a bit high. But wow that would be one hell of a power power increases from the 2.8! Theres actually a place in Tampa that dose stuff like that. You may want to give them a call if your looking into spending that kinda of $ they will dam sure hook you up. they are called engine lab of tampa bay here's there web sight: http://www.enginelaboftampa.com/

Keep us updated sounds amazing if you go along with it.

Brandon

but unless you've got a tremendous budget available for all this, that money would probably be better spent building up the truck to be able to handle that kind of power. You can't just drop in that much HP without some serious beef behind it. But you can seriously beef up your truck and still enjoy it with a regular 4.0. :thumbsup: (and then drop in a stroker later on :yes: )

Well I think I'm gonna go with that idea for now. Get the 4.0 system running and save up to get the 4.9. How much beefing up would I have to do? My rear axle is already running 4.10 gears.

4.10 isnt beef its ratio. You'd want a Dana 44 with stock sized tires if you beat on it.

Well I think I'm gonna go with that idea for now. Get the 4.0 system running and save up to get the 4.9. How much beefing up would I have to do? My rear axle is already running 4.10 gears.

What about an AMC 20? :banana:

A 20 will fit the bill nicely, as well as boost the cool factor.

Rob L.

That's what I was thinking and couldn't I just figure out a way to get the bigger drums on my AMC 20?

And I was actually quite surprised what I could find for the AMC 20 in after market parts. Just gotta look in the right places. I'm putting a locker in it sooon. :jump:

i do agree with Mr. hornbrod i would do the research first. I have done mine with an AP kit and have been very pleased with it performance no complaints and no regrets FWIW http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4.7-L-LITER-JEEP-STROKER-LONGBLOCK---AMC-READY-TO-GO!_W0QQitemZ400100244180QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=210332718858&adtype=pla here is one that might meet your buget and still have a lil extra. not sure what your :wrench: capabilities are you may want to go the kit route. just an :idea: thought btw made the next lvl :jump: