What Could it be? *Pics and New Questions*

I was driving home from the gas station and I shifted into second gear and my clutch felt like it lost pressure. When I went to shift into 3rd, my clutch was all wiggly and didn't have any pressure until a couple inches from the floor. when I ease off, aboutan inch from the floor, is released now. Did my clutch go out or could it be something else? I'm 16 and don't have the money to replace a clutch. Has this happened to anyone? Is there anything I can do? It was pretty hard to drive home. Thanks

Did you check the reservoir and make sure it had fluid?

You could just be low on fluid, or it could be leaking from the Master Cylinder. Check above the fuse box under the dash (to the far left) for any fluid leaking down.

The clutch Master Cylinder is on the firewall, far right (drivers side if you're looking head-on), right behind the washer fluid reservoir.

I'm not sure what year/model you have, or how different they may be, but there should be a small plastic reservoir on top with a rubber lid. Pop it off and see what you've got.

Well I was going to try bleeding my clutch, but i couldn't get the bleed screw to turn and the whole thing was like bending. I didn't wanna break anything. Should this part going into the transmission slide in and out at all? It looks like silicon or something is around the hose. Is there something wrong with mine? I shove it in some. I'm not sure what top do from here. Master cylinder was about half full. It was black fluid in it though. And the slave is inside and I sure don't wanna drop my transmission. Also, I have a leak down on the transmission. Looks like a bolt shoul be there. Although even with this fixed, my truck still isn't very drivable. It just caught my attention. Pics......

Where the clutch should be...

Where the clutch is before it has any resistance. In between is all slack.

The bleeder valve set up. Where it is pushed in.

Where it is pulled out. It moves in and out about a quarter of an inch.

looks like the master is leaking. You prob need 2 wrenches to loosen the bleeder, one on the fitting and one on the nut.

I have an external and I just replaced master, slave, and line, all is good and cost me $70 and 1 hour.

You should do an external conversion while your replacing stuff.

The bleeder valve set up. Where it is pushed in.

by the look of your clutch line the master looks fairly new to me

I would start by replacing the slave on the firewall ( go to a JY it will be cheap)

and by the look of the rust on your clutch line I wouldn't doubt it could be the faulty part

try this with a buddy or your dad:

fill your clutch fluid

go under the truck

have your dad or someone push the clutch pedal and look for leaks

(try wipping everything down before you do, so you can see new leak)

on the fire wall - faulty slave

along the line - faulty line

under the tranny - faulty master

that should keep the cost of the fixing if you can find the bad part

good luck :thumbsup:

my bad I'm french

WIPING

to wipe (third-person singular simple present wipes, present participle wiping, simple past and past participle wiped)

1.(transitive) To move an object over, maintaining contact, with the intention of removing some substance from the surface. (cf. rub)

Melissa wiped her glasses with her shirt.

I wiped the sweat from my brow with the back of my hand.

Tom started to wipe his eyes.

 [quotations ▼]

1900, L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz So they passed through the Palace Gates and were led into a big room with a green carpet and lovely green furniture set with emeralds. The soldier made them all wipe their feet upon a green mat before entering this room, and when they were seated he said politely...

2.(transitive, computing) To erase.

I accidentally wiped my hard drive.

my bad I'm french

WIPING

to wipe (third-person singular simple present wipes, present participle wiping, simple past and past participle wiped)

1.(transitive) To move an object over, maintaining contact, with the intention of removing some substance from the surface. (cf. rub)

Melissa wiped her glasses with her shirt.

I wiped the sweat from my brow with the back of my hand.

Tom started to wipe his eyes.

 [quotations ▼]

1900, L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz So they passed through the Palace Gates and were led into a big room with a green carpet and lovely green furniture set with emeralds. The soldier made them all wipe their feet upon a green mat before entering this room, and when they were seated he said politely...

2.(transitive, computing) To erase.

I accidentally wiped my hard drive.

:thumbsup:

Rob L. :D

by the look of your clutch line the master looks fairly new to me

I would start by replacing the slave on the firewall ( go to a JY it will be cheap)

on the fire wall - faulty slave

along the line - faulty line

under the tranny - faulty master

You have the terminology reversed. The unit on the firewall is the clutch master cylinder. The one in the bellhousing is the slave cylinder.

Alright thanks guys, just got my master cylinder changed out. We went to bleed the system and can't get the screw open. How do you get this open? Whts the easiest way? Its hard to get to and it doesn't want to turn. Help please!

The red arrow is the bleeder screw right? Is this what needs to be turned? Or is it the others? I can'tget any broken loose. What needs to be done? Trying to get this thing up and running. Thanks!

Yes, you just need to open the red arrow bleeder screw. DO NOT USE AN OPEN END WRENCH ON THIS!! You'll round that puppy right down. Get a set of crow foot nut wrenches if you don't already have one (anyone that's ever worked on brakes should), or use a 6-point socket on the red-arrow bleeder screw and put a box wrench on the green arrow to hold it in place.

Crow Foot Wrench, grips on all sides:

e1ferXg3j6kgl7ssqCuKyg_u4Wcph9UPqDDlyxKelA1zvQL_QSvvWGe0MwfVd9Y-jlFP_YiZPTqDIF4ZCYBkGieZjtocZumCH3onuIe8nFTSnFkR3FqQOKsZ2g7lLN1LuMOx1pQrElnlvjqMrGHaY963BeMdbZMb2lne6CEkEtCAs1I6VhTyS7Bh5CJAJKo9TA_6ofzEZ8sJPpZGl0GtJ4n4Z1pFyK5iI6dD_EszAp_u4euIvuxXdXtQ-Kubzk7fymGm3xIqzNdiNjbn8TFMXITHmK_oue7ZD0xqFqxwJcvzWWm95Mn3_WkcSrTaFLJOa12dK5Sz9QyT9LvfafgCLoNVG6mFCODogVs

Got my master cylinder replaced with my dad, got it bled and everything. Clutch felt better so I started it. It's like the clutch isn't engaging, it just wants to go so I had to shut off my key because the clutch isn't putting the transmission in neutral. I found I have brake fluid leaking out of my hydraulic line when I push in my clutch. Would my truck be doing this because of this? ***Pics***

Where my leak is

Did you flange it properly? with out a proper flange it can leak. The first time I did my brakes, I practiced on some extra tubing. When I did my clutch system it went super smooth. Also add some plumbers tape, it can just help it sit and fit better when you tighten it up.

Then roll through the proper bleeding procedure.

Did you flange it properly? with out a proper flange it can leak. The first time I did my brakes, I practiced on some extra tubing. When I did my clutch system it went super smooth. Also add some plumbers tape, it can just help it sit and fit better when you tighten it up.

Then roll through the proper bleeding procedure.

no plumbers tape!!!

brake fluid iscorrosive,

make sure your line is seated properly,

or you may have a crack in it, best bet would be to run new line (under ~$10 fix)

does those wrench give us more chance to loosen the flare fittings that strip it? almost most of time i loosen the old fittings, they strip.

if those wrenches don't strip often then iwill buy it for my work!

:thumbsup:

DO NOT USE AN OPEN END WRENCH ON THIS!! You'll round that puppy right down. Get a set of crow foot nut wrenches if you don't already have one (anyone that's ever worked on brakes should), or use a 6-point socket on the red-arrow bleeder screw and put a box wrench on the green arrow to hold it in place.

Crow Foot Wrench, grips on all sides:

e1ferXg3j6kgl7ssqCuKyg_u4Wcph9UPqDDlyxKelA1zvQL_QSvvWGe0MwfVd9Y-jlFP_YiZPTqDIF4ZCYBkGieZjtocZumCH3onuIe8nFTSnFkR3FqQOKsZ2g7lLN1LuMOx1pQrElnlvjqMrGHaY963BeMdbZMb2lne6CEkEtCAs1I6VhTyS7Bh5CJAJKo9TA_6ofzEZ8sJPpZGl0GtJ4n4Z1pFyK5iI6dD_EszAp_u4euIvuxXdXtQ-Kubzk7fymGm3xIqzNdiNjbn8TFMXITHmK_oue7ZD0xqFqxwJcvzWWm95Mn3_WkcSrTaFLJOa12dK5Sz9QyT9LvfafgCLoNVG6mFCODogVs

does those wrench give us more chance to loosen the flare fittings that strip it?

Yes, they're actually called flarenut wrenches, they grip more sides of the nut so that it doesn't just round the corners off. I have a craftsman set, but $10 each will get you a double-ended SAE and metricset from Harbor Freight, not bad to have handy in the toolbox for light use and no excuse not to at that price.