Dirteatrs Thin Wallet Build... TRUGGY TIME

I'll be replacing the pinion seal tuesday and maybe do an oil change, but today I picked up another set of 33/12.5/15s with D-window rims...the tires are Mickey Thompson Baja claws and they're shot but they'll last me a few months

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't wait to put the tires on so I said what the heck I'll just throw them on for 5 minutes and then I drove it up and down my block then I trimmed the front fenders and now they fit fine! Whoever says you can't fit 33s with 2 inches of lift is lying!

Check it out jamminz.gif

Couldn't wait to put the tires on so I said what the heck I'll just throw them on for 5 minutes and then I drove it up and down my block then I trimmed the front fenders and now they fit fine! Whoever says you can't fit 33s with 2 inches of lift is lying!

Check it out jamminz.gif

with every inch of lift, you should be able to fit an inch more of tire,

stock suspension can run 31's

so 2" lift + 31" = 33" tires :yes:

can't wait to see more on the soft doors. :D

I'm thinking about keeping it lifted at like 3 inches, putting in my adj uppers and lowers to center the tire in the middle of the wheelwell, bigger bumpstops and trimming and leaving it like that... Except a re-gear down the road... 33s and 3.07s isn't horrible an theres still some power but 5th gear isn't usable uphill.... Decisions decisions :help:

I was going to work on the doors tomorrow but I got 2 inches of snow this evening! It was 72 degrees out a few days ago!!!!!

Check it out jamminz.gif

I did it to my 94 XJ a few years ago. Worked very well offroad. Bumpstops are a must.

http://i37.tinypic.com/fllwl1.jpg

Perches came in yesterday, I'm going to order the u-bolts today as well as the pinion seal... Got to do some more trimming and take it for a test drive to see where I need to trim in the rear and how much I'm going to have to bumpstop... I know you guys love pics so here yah go :wavey:

haha nice. the thing about climbs is the top. while you can go up for quite awhile when you get to the top more then not, you'll bottom out. thats when its scary to me, just sitting way the f*ck up there NOT moving :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Been busy doing little things to the truck lately, put some lights on the front bumper, put a new pinion seal in the rear axle and put some door trim on the fenders so my tires don't get cut up as much when flexing and I've been collecting stuff to make on board air :wrench:

• 2 weeks later...

Got my perches, ubolts need to be returned... The thread doesn't go down far enough if I measured everything correctly and my shocks came in this morning!! Still waiting for the fronts to come in but today I should hopefully be putting the truck under the knife!

Here's the rear parts I'll get pics of all my front stuff later :waving:

After wrestling with my truck by myself for a few hours to get the soa done I called in some friends and I finished the rear lift yesterday! It's sitting at about 7" of lift :grrrr: I was hoping for like 5.5-6.5 I'll have to find some stock length shackles and do that at a later date.. I also put a 95 Dakota brakeline in and it's about 4 inches longer and I'm going to move the mount like lead-not-follow did... Also put all new hardlines in! Here's some pics from yesterday, couldn't get too many but I got enough :cheers:

Sir, you are awesome! jamminz.gif

Thanks man! :cheers:

I'll post up pics of my lift progress later, off to the garage :wrench:

don't be tryin that with your lift installed :thumbsup:

your cog will be way different, but id have to agree with comanche country :D

I never thought I would bother doing anything like that but when your with a bunch of buddies who are showing off it happens :roll: I actually did crawl up until that point in 4low and 1st then backed off before anything bad happened!

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have more stuff to take pictures of, I'm putting the front lift in and redoing some more hadd break lines in the rear... Know of any places to get stock manche shackles? I have to lower the rear some it's too high!

lol,

missed the tid bit about COG being off (center of gravity)

with out the lift, you'd make it fine just like in the pick,

with 6 1/2 inch lift, no more comanche :thumbsup:

wheres pics!!! ( i know, tomorrow but...)

:needpics:

Got most of the front lift parts in today by myself! :wrench: such a pain in the rear but I'm happy the hard work is over with.... Just have to adjust all my control arms and bleed the brakes, I spent over an hour this morning trying to get a socket out of the frame rail! It fell in when I was taking out the upper control arm bolt ad the socket fell all the way down to the crossmember and disappeared on me... After using coat hangers and magnets and screwdrivers I whipped out the air hose and sprayed inside every hole I could to see if I could hear it moving somewhere in there. I gave up and ate lunch when I came back I look in the lower control arm hole and it's sitting there staring at me :nuts: don't know how it fell all the way down into there but I got lucky getting that one out... I didn't get so lucky on the other side the 15mm is still in the frame rail somewhere :doh: and as promised pictures!