Production Numbers for the Eliminator ??

sportstr1200

Hi Guys,

I own a 1988 Eliminator 2WD with Auto trans and A/C. The guy I bought it from told me that there were only about 1200 Eliminator 2WD Auto trans produced in 1988.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the production numbers were for the Eliminator package vs other packages. I would really like to know how rare mine is.

Thanks

They aren't that rare. Unfortunately, the seller was trying to beef up the desire for his truck. The numbers aren't known for sure, but the highest number of MJ's were 1988's, and that was also the first year of the Eliminator. Chances are, there are a whole ton more of them.

Rob L.

I'd like to know the production numbers of the MJ Laredo. I think I've only ever seen one of those for sale. They're either extremely rare or their owners are so pleased with them that that would never sell.

Theres a Laredo for sale on my local craigs with a plow on it right now. But all my money will be going to order the rest of my lift parts and tires. Otherwise, I would be looking at it.

I think the Chiefs and the Laredos are the rarest MJ's (other than the street and thunderchief)

Theres a Laredo for sale on my local craigs with a plow on it right now. But all my money will be going to order the rest of my lift parts and tires. Otherwise, I would be looking at it.

I think the Chiefs and the Laredos are the rarest MJ's (other than the street and thunderchief)

While the Chiefs may be rare, I don't think they're THAT rare. In my year-long search for an MJ, I came across about a half dozen Chiefs but never once have I seen a Laredo for sale by me. The only MJ Laredo I've ever seen was on here and it wasn't even a members. It was someones neighbor who had it up on blocks and was contemplating selling it, but I think he finally decided to fix it. I don't consider the Street Comanche a true trim package since it was done by a dealer in Cali. I also don't count the Thunderchief because, well, it was a concept and can't be had....not yet.

Found the MJ Laredo you were likely talking about: http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/cto/2184681634.html

The only MJ Laredo I've ever seen was on here and it wasn't even a members. It was someones neighbor who had it up on blocks and was contemplating selling it, but I think he finally decided to fix it.

That would be my neighbor, and it's still sitting up on blocks slowly rotting away. As it has been for the last five years, and will remain so as a monument. Sad..........